Forum Replies Created

Page 2226 of 2285
  • Shane Ross

    November 4, 2005 at 7:17 pm in reply to: Which camera would you choose?

    Because HDV is HIGHLY compressed Mpeg-2…has trouble recording fast action and whip pans (the image gets REALLY blocky)…and then in the editing phase, difficult to edit. If I were to go HD, I would go DVCPRO HD. With the new panasonic coming out, that is becoming more affordable for the lower cost productions.

  • Shane Ross

    November 4, 2005 at 6:36 am in reply to: Which camera would you choose?

    I’d get the Panny 100A. I’d avoid HDV at all costs.

  • Shane Ross

    November 3, 2005 at 10:10 pm in reply to: I edited this see what you think

    Great. Good job. Very funny.

  • Shane Ross

    November 3, 2005 at 9:06 pm in reply to: Clips loosing Time Code after shutting down

    Then no capture card. Direct firewire in.

    You posted this question on the Apple site too, right? I believe I am the guy who suggested the tapes were DF…but that matters not. This is really a mystery.

    How about capturing on your boss’ G5? Try a different station and see what happens…

  • Shane Ross

    November 3, 2005 at 8:58 am in reply to: Slowmo of interlaced clips

    I can vouch for the Compressor method. Very smooth…

  • Shane Ross

    November 3, 2005 at 8:43 am in reply to: Outputing to TV

    Is this footage 16×9 perhaps? If so, you need a monitor that can adjust for that…

  • Shane Ross

    November 3, 2005 at 1:45 am in reply to: Walter, 1200A Question?

    Ah. Thank you. Much better.

    I would THINK is should be able to do this, but I’d wait for Walter for confirmation.

  • Shane Ross

    November 3, 2005 at 1:24 am in reply to: Walter, 1200A Question?

    You mean to two different machines? If so…won’t they fight for control? You need TC, so I don’t see how this would work…but I guess we need to know why…what signal is going where? What are you doing?

  • Shane Ross

    November 2, 2005 at 8:51 pm in reply to: DF & NDF

    NEVERMIND?! You figured it out? Then pray tell…and post back on the huge discussion happening back at Apple…

  • Shane Ross

    November 2, 2005 at 4:33 pm in reply to: Dip to Color VS. Cross Dissolve

    Oh…you mean when you are fading into and out of black? I always use cross dissolve.

Page 2226 of 2285

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy