Forum Replies Created

Page 2183 of 2285
  • For DVCPRO HD editing, all you need is a firewire interface, as it is captured via firewire.

    This is all possible with the current PCIx models. I have an Aurora PipePro Studio card, a firewire 400 PCI card, and a SATA RAID CARD (No raid currently, borrowed one for work for a collegue, I have to return this card now) and things were fine. The Graphcis cards was in the AGP slot, so it was fine.

    The only problem I had was when I went to install a Decklink HD card. If you install it in slot 2 or 3, then you can’t have ANYTHING ELSE in the other slot, or it will only output SD…not HD. If I put it in slot 1, slot 2 or 3 could have anything in there, but it wouldn’t fit into slot one do to one of the SDI inputs butting against a plug on the logicboard…so no go.

    I don’t know how the Kona will fit, so I can’t say for sure…

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 31, 2006 at 6:46 pm in reply to: Downloading from P2 card from camera

    Shush David.

    :^)

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 31, 2006 at 7:13 am in reply to: Downloading from P2 card from camera

    Ahhh…nevermind. The manual DOES say this. I was just on the wrong page.

    Helps to be on the page that says “Copying from the P2 cards to the hard disk.”

    Sheesh.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 31, 2006 at 6:34 am in reply to: Downloading from P2 card from camera

    ah-HA!

    The manual doesn’t say to do this. Why the HECK NOT?

    Thank you Arthur.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 31, 2006 at 5:18 am in reply to: making a poster from a video still

    Bear in mind that DV is 720×480 at 72dpi. Blow that up big and you will know it is from video…grainy and soft.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 31, 2006 at 5:17 am in reply to: Issues with DVCPRO HD FRC

    Try the workaround that Walter mentioned to me. Create a new DVCPRO HD project…import that footage into that project…THEN try the converter.

    works for me.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 31, 2006 at 3:11 am in reply to: Importing from P2: Error

    Okaayyy…Where do I find the clip properties? I can’t see it on the Finder level when I click GET INFO on the .MXF, nor is it available in the IMPORT PANASONIC P2 import window (where you set the path).

    The camera settings weren’t changed…all 720p24…so…

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 31, 2006 at 12:49 am in reply to: Help to set up a good MAC for editing

    HDV is captured via firewire…no card needed. If he has FCP 5.

    OK…for the QUAD, I believe that the Fuse-X has a PCIe version…and there are Decklink PCIe options as well (look on their site). As for the AJA I/O…that is a firewire connection, so the PCIe architecture doesn’t come into play.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Yes, on moving shots you have to trach the footage and keyframe every frame. This is the nature of VFX work. Frame by frame. Why do you think it takes so long to make a movie with tons of VFX? And why it takes so many people? Even the smallest effects, like fake muzzle flashes are done frame by frame.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 31, 2006 at 12:38 am in reply to: problems with conforming to 23.98

    This is where you lose us, because 24P IS 23.98. There is straight 24fps, then 24P which is 23.98. I have used Cinema Tools to reverse telecine to 23.98…It is an option…

    Look in the browser at the clip…scroll to the right until you see frame rate…what does it say?

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

Page 2183 of 2285

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy