Forum Replies Created

Page 110 of 189
  • HDMI is fine. You will not have frame/sync issues if you are connecting the Kona or Decklink to it.

    AJA and Blackmagic make SDI to DVI/HDMI converters.

    Sean

  • Sean Oneil

    July 14, 2007 at 11:19 pm in reply to: FCP – Skipping Footage

    What happens when you play it in Quicktime?

  • Sean Oneil

    July 13, 2007 at 5:15 pm in reply to: FCP6 Nested Sequences w/ Multiclips = SLOW

    [Jerry Hofmann] “mmmm. if you don’t nest them, do things speed up?”

    Yes, everything is fine on the original sequence.

    Sean

  • Sean Oneil

    July 12, 2007 at 4:35 pm in reply to: FCP6 Nested Sequences w/ Multiclips = SLOW

    Yes I have collapsed everything. The issue persists whether the clips are all collapsed or uncollapsed.

    Sean

  • Sean Oneil

    July 12, 2007 at 7:15 am in reply to: FC Rescue

    New version for it. Aptly named “FCP Rescue 6”.

    Sean

  • Sean Oneil

    July 12, 2007 at 7:15 am in reply to: Can’t get past first install disk for FCS 2

    Could be something wrong with the DVD discs. Try ripping the culprit disc to a DMG file and mounting it.

    Sean

  • Sean Oneil

    July 12, 2007 at 2:33 am in reply to: Can’t get past first install disk for FCS 2

    [MD Chought] “Now the keyboard command to eject a disk has suddenly become Option+eject.”

    Thanks. I was wondering why my eject button stopped working.

    I don’t know if you have to update to 5.1 first. I would try removing FCP altogether and installing from scratch. Just make sure you have your old serial numbers handy.

    Sean

  • Sean Oneil

    July 10, 2007 at 1:31 am in reply to: Downconversion still soft ?

    [Creative Coward] “1. Using FCP 6 I can monitor a downrezzed HDV via FireWire. If I connect that signal via a converter (ie camcorder, DV deck, AJA IO) to my broadcast monitor, will that show accurate colors?

    2. I have read about an issue with the MXO and color on MBP’s ATI video interface, have you experienced that? -> https://www.dv.com/reviews/reviews_item.php?articleId=193104902

    3. If I use the MXO on a laptop, would that mean I lose the option of connecting an external display (ie Dell 2407) for editing?”

    1. Yes, that will be a correct video output. It’s analog, but it should be fine, just may have to re-calibrate the monitor. However, doing this you are of coarse limited to HDV.

    2. I haven’t used Color yet. I’m actually not a colorist (I mentioned this wasn’t my area of expertise). I also don’t have the X1900 card in my Mac Pro. Unrelated to this, I’ve read many nasty things about that card in a MP.

    3. I’m not sure the specifics of how it works. I would read more about the product. You may be able to switch back and forth between desktop monitor and video monitor.

    [Creative Coward] ”
    I used a tool called “Display ConfigX” to send a clean PAL signal (720×576 @ 50Hz) from the MacBook Pro’s DVI via the Extron Box to the JVC monitor. (using Apples “output for Video” option). The monitor was then extensively calibrated using “SuperCal” ( https://www.bergdesign.com/supercal ). This was the basis on which I then calibrated the monitor the standard way with color bars.”

    If you have the Display System Settings set for “video”, that may be ok. But it very well may not be either. You’d have to dig deep and really understand the code and how Quicktime processes things. You’d also have to scope everything to get a complete picture as to what’s going on and how the video output is being handled. There are a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff going on in OSX. The fact is, what you are doing is not the “proper” way to do it. So you may never know for sure whether or not it is giving you the equivalent of a true video output.

    Sean

  • Sean Oneil

    July 8, 2007 at 5:49 am in reply to: I already hate it

    [walter biscardi] “If you’re just going from one format to another, it’s ok. If all you want to do is recapture an offline sequence to an online format, it’s too convoluted. In Media 100 all I did was select the Sequence, select the format and Capture. And it only captured the in/out points of the timeline. Freakin’ sweet.”

    I used Media 100 for years myself. What you left out is that it recaptures media in the same folder and leaves your offline media there. No way to reconnect, and no way to “manage” it.

    To me MM is easy and straightforward. You just choose “Create Offline”, select “delete unused media”, and it makes a new project which you can batch capture.

    Sean

  • Sean Oneil

    July 7, 2007 at 4:19 pm in reply to: Edit to tape wierdness

    Throw away your FCP preferences. I’m not just telling you some generic answer. I just had a major ETT problem with my Kona 3, and after tons of troubleshooting, a stupid little thing like trashing the prefs is what fixed it.

    Sean

Page 110 of 189

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy