I’m editing a 2 hour DVCPROHD 1080i/29.97 timeline to tape. I have an HD 150 deck so I have to do it in 5 pieces. Anyway I select the first 29 minutes of video in my timeline with in and out points, drag it to my edit to tape window and everything starts up, but with no audio nor video.
After wrestling with this a few times I opened a new sequence placed my sequence that would not edit to tape in the new sequence and it works just fine.
Obviously, or I guess “obviously” the other timeline is corrupt or what? Anyone ever run into this before. It’s happened on two different edit systems we have.
Computer is a dual quad core, 3ghz, 10 gigs ram & Xserve raid for a video drive, & a Kona 3 card.
Thanks for the note, however that was the first thing i checked. For this particular project we’re doing everything in DVCPROHD, 1080i/29.97 fps. Original sequence is setup that way and so too is my edit to tape setting.
Another interesting phenomenen happened as I was laying each part of the original sequence to the new timeline from which I’m laying to tape, several of my transitions corrupted, so that they appear to flash back to the previous scene as it dissolves to the second. In the original sequence the transition is fine in the nested one is where I have the problem.
You can probably get away with just forcing FCP to re-render the transitions that were giving you problems. Sometimes it’s a little tricky to selectively make it render things. The easiest way is to drop a slug in the track above the problem transitions, then delete it. This will make Final Cut wipe away any render files that may be corrupt. Then re-render as needed. I’m running 5.1.2 and I tend to run into problems like this if I’ve moved a project between an Intel and G5. I understand they’ve fixed that in 5.1.4 but I haven’t been able to upgrade yet.
Throw away your FCP preferences. I’m not just telling you some generic answer. I just had a major ETT problem with my Kona 3, and after tons of troubleshooting, a stupid little thing like trashing the prefs is what fixed it.