Forum Replies Created

Page 100 of 189
  • Sean Oneil

    September 13, 2007 at 1:42 am in reply to: DV 50 or ProRes HQ

    ProRes is much better. Even the non-HQ is better.

  • Sean Oneil

    September 12, 2007 at 7:06 pm in reply to: uncompress 444 RGB NTSC 10 bits

    If it’s a 4:4:4 HD source, and you just want a downrezzed 4:4:4 RGB file (not sure why – animation project?), you’ll have to capture it in HD first, then use software to convert it.

  • Sean Oneil

    September 12, 2007 at 3:10 am in reply to: uncompress 444 RGB NTSC 10 bits

    I don’t think it will work unless it’s HD.

  • Sean Oneil

    September 12, 2007 at 2:54 am in reply to: 60i look in 24P timeline

    Thanks for the info. I’m buying it tomorrow. Can’t believe I’ve never heard of it.

  • Sean Oneil

    September 12, 2007 at 2:53 am in reply to: DVD plays back blurred motion

    You’ve got to export directly to Compressor from FCP. I’m not 100% sure why, but I think that certain codecs use the “wrong” field dominance within FCP. For example, DV NTSC and PJPEG NTSC are supposed to be upper field first, but in FCP it’s lower.

    When you export directly to Compressor, FCP tells Compressor this so it knows how to handle it properly.

  • Sean Oneil

    September 12, 2007 at 2:47 am in reply to: Journaling on a RAID????

    [Chuck Reti] “No. Nothing to do with Spotlight.”

    Really? I thought it was just indexing. Guess I’ll have to read up on it.

  • Sean Oneil

    September 12, 2007 at 2:34 am in reply to: 60i look in 24P timeline

    [mattdawgpro] “now in FCP6 that if you’re working in DVCPRO HD and you put your 720P24 footage in a 720P60 timeline it automatically adds pulldown without a need to render. You could do this then add the 1080i footage and scale it down, then at least it would be running at the correct frame rate instead of trying to convert to 24. It won’t make your 720P footage look any different because it always plays back at 60 anyway when on a TV. I don’t know if this works with HDV but give it a try.”

    Yeah but it will still have the 24fps look, not the 30fps look that he wants.

    I’ve seen demos of stuff that can do this. Generally used for converting stuff to 60fps. It literally creates frames that didn’t exist. It analyzes frame 1 and 2, and uses the difference to create a new “frame 1.5”.

    Most of the stuff I’ve seen are for consumer playback devices. I don’t know of any professional tools for converting files with this process. Maybe a Teranex can do this (never tried going 24->30 before).

    Jeremy,

    I just checked out Fieldskit. I don’t think that will convert 24fps to a true 30fps, but I’m really happy you posted that link. It looks like a very useful tool for repairing video with broken cadence.

  • Sean Oneil

    September 12, 2007 at 1:19 am in reply to: Journaling on a RAID????

    Doesn’t it allow Spotlight to work the way it does?

    I’m not saying anyone should use it, but it does serve a purpose.

  • Sean Oneil

    September 11, 2007 at 12:33 am in reply to: Lifetime Employability

    Editing is storytelling. Like writing. What is expected of writers? New computer programs and cheap color printers have become available – are they expected to provide graphic illustrations/storyboards as well?

    Turn on the TV. 99% of what you see are straight cuts without any graphics.

    I agree, a boutique shop needs to be able to produce motion graphic content. But I’m not sure expecting everyone who sits in an edit bay to be a jack of all trades is a good thing.

  • Sean Oneil

    September 6, 2007 at 8:57 pm in reply to: Removing Audio from Clips Before Bringing Them In

    I mean, you could “Export -> Quicktime Movie” and choose video only. Then manually re-assign the original timecode to the new clip. But I don’t see how that could possibly be worth the effort.

Page 100 of 189

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy