Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy uncompress 444 RGB NTSC 10 bits

• uncompress 444 RGB NTSC 10 bits

• tomas Roca

September 6, 2007 at 4:08 pm

Hi. I just got a Kona 3 with a dual link fB array. The mac is a dual quad core. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to capture and work NTSC VIDEO in a 444 uncompressed RGB 10 Bits project?

thanks,

tomas

• Marco Solorio

September 6, 2007 at 7:22 pm

Yes, in dual-link it can do 10-bit 4:4:4 RGB and LOG RGB. It’s 12-bit capable but can work in 10-bit.

Marco Solorio | CreativeCow Host | OneRiver Media | Codec Resource Site | Cinesoft | Media Batch

• tomas Roca

September 6, 2007 at 7:55 pm

Hi marco. Spanish speaker?

My problem is that within FCP i do no find the correct settings for this. I just find uncompress 10 bit 422.

thnks

• Marco Solorio

September 6, 2007 at 8:05 pm

Unfortunately my Spanish is limited to incomplete sentences! My German is even worse. Oh how I dishonor my parents, LOL!

You’ll probably have to make a custom setting for it from scratch. Dual-stream 10-bit RGB 4:4:4 isn’t a commonly used format. I’d wager less than 1% of the entire FCP community uses it. Making a new custom preset is a snap.

What is your source?

Marco Solorio | CreativeCow Host | OneRiver Media | Codec Resource Site | Cinesoft | Media Batch

• tomas Roca

September 6, 2007 at 8:34 pm

yes, but the hard thing is that Kona recongnizes that setting

• Delano Bryant

September 6, 2007 at 9:14 pm

marco……polo. Like I’m sure you’ve never heard that one before. How do you make a custom 444 setting? in fcp6

Is that the color red you want to use?

• Sean ONeil

September 12, 2007 at 3:10 am

I don’t think it will work unless it’s HD.

• gary adcock

September 12, 2007 at 8:38 am

[tomas roca] “Can anyone tell me if it is possible to capture and work NTSC VIDEO in a 444 uncompressed RGB 10 Bits project? “

Sorry everyone

there is NO WAY to capture 10bit Dual Link RGB from an NTSC source as NTSC – (NTSC is only YUV anyway) Dual Link content is only supported by SMPTE in 1080

You can capture single link 10bit YUV and convert to RGB but do not do that with FCP – it does not do it correctly ( all YUV / RGB conversions are done in QT at 8bits)

RGB captures are usually only from HDCAMSR tapes or from a DPX or Cineon Still seq.

gary adcock
    Studio37
    HD & Film Consultation
    Post and Production Workflows

• Marco Solorio

September 12, 2007 at 9:54 am

I completely missed the NTSC part! I was only thinking the question was just for HD. It never even crossed my mind the question was for SD. Doh!

• Sean ONeil

September 12, 2007 at 7:06 pm

If it’s a 4:4:4 HD source, and you just want a downrezzed 4:4:4 RGB file (not sure why – animation project?), you’ll have to capture it in HD first, then use software to convert it.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy