I happen to like the edgy ones, Bret. And probably even more than you, I find Bush’s remarks not only often laughable but more importantly, ones that sadden me beyond belief.
While yes, only a small number of COWmedy Club jokes crossed the line into acutely offensive and demeaning posts, still they happened — and as I said, neither I nor Kathlyn nor Tim have had time to go in there and keep an eye on it. So, the forum got killed.
Were we trying to be the arbiter of all morality??? No. But we have NEVER said that this site is dedicated to free speech — in fact, we have clearly and straightforwardly said since its inception that it isn’t — and so when we saw it becoming something that had little to do with what we wanted this site to be, we killed it. It seems that this move offends you, if so and I read you correctly, please feel free to take offense. It’s your call. But when it comes to what this site will be, that’s our call — just as we are the ones who pay the tens of thousands of dollars each month to keep it moving and happening.
Best regards,
Ron Lindeboom
Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.