Forum Replies Created

Page 124 of 245
  • Ron Lindeboom

    May 29, 2008 at 4:23 am in reply to: Text on Fire

    Ah, but would you like to do a review of Form for the COW, Mike? :p

    I think we could scrape you up a copy.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom
    ron @ creativecow . net

  • Ron Lindeboom

    May 27, 2008 at 7:23 pm in reply to: 720 60p for smooth slo-mo playback in FCP?

    As I mentioned when you wrote us at webmaster, we changed the library system last Summer. I do not know where you got that old link but the library system has been changed for about 10 months now. If someone has it linked somewhere, please inform them of the new location. The article can be found in the new system by clicking

    • the Library link in the orange navigation bar, and then searching by author, by subject or
    • by clicking on an author’s photo — in this case, clicking on Shane’s host picture (which takes you to all a writer’s articles).

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

  • Ron Lindeboom

    May 23, 2008 at 4:45 pm in reply to: Keying Bad Green Screen

    [Ayman Farahat] “Going with Adobe Ultra or Nuke IBK is an expensive solution for me, given the system I already have, but I’m willing to take the plunge if they will add significantly more power to my keying operations beyond what I already have (Keylight, zMatte, Primatte, Power Mask). I’m also wondering if there are any hidden (or so obvious) keying gems out there that I’m missing here.”

    Ultra is a “virtual set” program, not just a keyer. Think of Ultra as a program that creates those virtual walk-on/walk-through sets that you see in news shows, commercials and documentaries, etc. It’s a nice program but a little bit on the cheesy side for a lot of it.

    You have four of the best keyers already with Keylight, Primatte, zMatte and Power Mask. I don’t think you need any more keyers. ;o)

    What do you think of Power Mask in your experience with it?

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom
    creativecow.net

  • Ron Lindeboom

    May 21, 2008 at 2:20 pm in reply to: fxphd anyone?

    If you go to http://www.lynda.com, you can create an account. In it, you can opt for a basic $25 a month account.

    The Steve Wright training is at:

    https://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modPage.asp?ID=408

    The first 14 movies are free.

    After that, you have to sign up for the monthly account or buy the DVD version.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

  • Ron Lindeboom

    May 21, 2008 at 1:54 pm in reply to: fxphd anyone?

    They’ve been around for years. Heard nothing good or bad about them. If it didn’t work, believe you, we would have heard a lot about that. So it must be good enough as there have been no complaints.

    If I remember, they have Steve Wright teaching their Shake classes. If that’s the case, Steve is awesome. He has a Shake series that he’s done for Lynda.com that is available on DVD or tyhat you can do at your own pace online for $25 a month.

    Ron Lindeboom

  • Ron Lindeboom

    May 21, 2008 at 1:29 am in reply to: AE Mac Plugins

    [Daniel Linge] “do i have to go get all new plug-ins for my mac leopard?”

    Yes. PC plug-ins will not work in a Mac.

    Ron Lindeboom

  • Ron Lindeboom

    May 20, 2008 at 2:36 pm in reply to: Blocked Post

    …like specialist and so it gets flagged for manual review before getting posted.

    One of these days we’ll get around to writing in the “override” features to allow words like specialist to go up without a human looking at them but we’re pretty busy and it is not high on the list of priorities right now.

    Sorry for the delay but we don’t want commercials for cialis here, we see enough of them on TV already.

    ;o)

    Have fun,

    Ron Lindeboom

  • Ron Lindeboom

    May 19, 2008 at 12:48 am in reply to: help with a butterfly

    Hi David,

    My apologies if this doesn’t answer your question but I am starving and running out the door to go get something to eat — Kathlyn and our daughter went to an opera in Los Angeles, so I’ve been home alone feeding cats. ;o)

    There is an article/tutorial on butterflies in AE at

    https://library.creativecow.net/articles/doszla_marek/butterfly.php

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

  • Ron Lindeboom

    May 19, 2008 at 12:45 am in reply to: forum suggestion

    I love this idea, Jeremy. Thanks!

    I think we will have to move it to the top of the stack. Again, great idea.

    Ron Lindeboom

  • Ron Lindeboom

    May 19, 2008 at 12:44 am in reply to: New email Address…..

    Hi Todd,

    Yes, we will happily work with you to get your account changed over to your new address (if you change your password) so that you can have all your old posts, etc., tied to the new address.

    Give us a day or so.

    Best,

    Ron Lindeboom

Page 124 of 245

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy