Forum Replies Created

Page 143 of 195
  • Robin S. kurz

    October 17, 2014 at 4:34 pm in reply to: FCP X undo bug?

    Simply right-click on the library in the Finder, show its package contents and manually move the respective event/project to the trash.

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    October 17, 2014 at 3:40 pm in reply to: Proxy files missing after relinking

    [Jeremy Garchow] “10.1 was released on 19 December, 2013.”

    Hence what I wrote, yes.

    No idea what I can say other than what I already have: do whatever is best for you, I’ll do it differently. I don’t even know why we’re still debating it. There’s nothing false about what I wrote.

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    October 17, 2014 at 2:27 pm in reply to: Proxy files missing after relinking

    [Jeremy Garchow] “Have you honestly seen this conflict? “

    Of course. Several times. Just not recently, since I know about it and don’t do it anymore, otherwise I’d post a screenshot for you.

    But feel free to also read about it here or here. The first two of many I get when googling.

    [Jeremy Garchow] “I’d like to know if this is actually a problem as we dupe libraries constantly to share back and forth.”

    Like I said, it would appear to have become much less of an issue with 10.1 and above, maybe even completely resolved. I don’t know, but I don’t care to find out the hard way. 😀 Whereby I’m not talking about copying to another disk for the sake of passing it on or using elsewhere. And you’re obviously still free to do whatever works best for you. I just prefer to avoid potential problems and use the FCP own tools.

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    October 17, 2014 at 11:57 am in reply to: FCP X share to blu ray

    That seems awfully low, yes. But then the size shown in the export window is nothing more than a guesstimate. In the case of a film of mine it went from the near 6GB guesstimate to a mere 2.5GB, too, yes.

    Do you maybe have an inordinate amount of black and/or talking head type material?

    And you know that you can burn what I call a “mini BD” to a regular DVD using a DVD-R? Both in HD and playable (only) on a BD player. Only it’s limited to about 30 mins. max. Maybe that’s a viable alternative.

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    October 17, 2014 at 11:38 am in reply to: Where’s our 5K Retina Cinema Display?

    I’d say it’s pretty simple.

    First Thunderbolt iMac: May 2011

    First Thunderbolt Display: July 2011

    You do the math. 🙂

    I’d also say making sure there is enough supply for the iMac first, before making the standalone version available is simply good business sense. They’ve had enough supply problems in the past (that the pundits jumped all over of course) to not want even more. Especially when you’re dealing primarily with the usual whiny “they don’t care about pros!” crowd that I’m sure will be the people most interested. 😉

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    October 17, 2014 at 8:33 am in reply to: Proxy files missing after relinking

    [Jiri Fiala] “Library files are largely just project files.”

    Exactly. And those projects etc. are assigned unique IDs by FCP for the underlying database. Basic sql protocol if you will. Within the old >10.1 system it was definitely not possible, with the new one things seem to have gotten more lenient.

    The general point merely being, why risk a potential ID conflict when the functionality is there within FCP to avoid it (and is easier/faster to boot). Just a friendly heads-up.

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    October 17, 2014 at 8:04 am in reply to: Anyone on Yosemite yet?

    I’ve had it for a while. FCP was noticeably less stable with the first releases, but has gotten back to “normal” with the most recent update for me. I’m pretty sure that there will be an explicit Yosemite update for it, too. I’ve also delved into the all new system “Extensions” i.e. “Actions” a tad also and can’t help but think that the whole thing makes for very interesting system/interface to implement new exchange functionality… as in a type of “Send to”??! 😉 We’ll see.

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    October 17, 2014 at 7:49 am in reply to: View audio roles on meters (bussing)?

    Whereby if you hold the ⌥-key when clicking, that will solo that particular role. Should that make any difference in the “clunkiness”.

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    October 16, 2014 at 5:18 pm in reply to: View audio roles on meters (bussing)?

    Coulda sworn that’s what I wrote. 😀

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    October 16, 2014 at 5:16 pm in reply to: Proxy files missing after relinking

    [Jeremy Garchow] “It’s simply not true,”

    It is actually. “Most likely” being the key. Not always (no idea why), but why risk it.

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

Page 143 of 195

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy