Forum Replies Created
-
Ooh… it does .srt files? Well, then forget what I said about the alphas and follow Andreas’ suggestion. Much easier and faster.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Robin S. kurz
October 28, 2014 at 6:36 pm in reply to: Camera Archive button does not function (Blackmagic camera source specific?)Okay. I get the icon-on-the-sidebar thing, yes, since that’s what (and why) I do (it) also. 🙂
[Craig Seeman] “I had been Archiving for some time and suddenly all my past archives and newly created archives showed the same metadata for all the clips.”
Yes, that was the first and highly bizarre bug concerning the BMPCC only(?) for some weird reason. But I’ve reported it to Apple, so I know they know about it. I’d be very curious to know who’s doing what wrong/different.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Robin S. kurz
October 28, 2014 at 6:07 pm in reply to: Camera Archive button does not function (Blackmagic camera source specific?)[Craig Seeman] “Record directly to ProRes using the built-in SSD recorder”
To be fair… what’s the sense or advantage of using the archive feature (which I love and use all the time also) on a disk like that i.e. native ProRes footage? The whole idea behind it, as you’ve stated, is to avoid losing important files and metadata. But that doesn’t the least bit apply here… so why bother? Simply copying them via the Finder with no issues is a *feature*.
Maybe that’s why FCP isn’t doing it… it sees no point. 😀
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
I unfortunately know nothing about Vegas (or Windows), so I’d have to leave that explanation up to someone else, sorry.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
[james henson] “I have already tried to export the project files to FCPXML…With no luck.”
Yes, I hear that’s useless. Very strange. Maybe export an EDL or regular XML and try going through Resolve to FCP X?
[james henson] “Anyone know of a workaround I could possibly use to copy the subs from vegas to a program and then import in FCPX?”
I guessing even with a functioning FCPXML it wouldn’t translate correctly. I’d simply export the subtitles from Vegas with alpha and superimpose them in FCP?
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
[Tangier Clarke] “then bring those into to cinema tools for the 24 frame conversion”
Why and how do you even feel you need to do that?
[Tangier Clarke] “or even an FCP X storyline to do the work.”
Importing the clip and setting it to “Automatic Speed” in your project would work out to the exact same as with Cinema Tools.
[Tangier Clarke] “The goal is to put this with a Canon 5D Mark II at 24p.”
Go right ahead. I wouldn’t even bother with the conversion. What for?
[Tangier Clarke] “Compressor is more modern as is FCP X”
No, it’s not. It may have gotten it’s biggest update most recently, but it still uses the exact same tech under the hood. The biggest advantage merely being the option for distributed rendering.
[Tangier Clarke] “Does AV foundation provide any unknown benefit?”
MANY, yes. But both use it, so there’s no getting around it anyway.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Robin S. kurz
October 28, 2014 at 5:16 pm in reply to: Camera Archive button does not function (Blackmagic camera source specific?)[Craig Seeman] “given the popularity of BMPPC and FCPX, this would be widely reported”
Given that I think the vast majority of X users either don’t even know of the archiving feature, just don’t use it or simply think copying things by other means is way better anyway, I’m not really that surprised that it hasn’t. Assuming it’s a legitimate bug. Unfortunately mine is out and about, so I can’t test either. And I haven’t made any (or tried) under Yosemite yet.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Robin S. kurz
October 28, 2014 at 2:13 pm in reply to: Clip audio 6dB louder in Browser than in Timeline – further discussionAny chance you could post an example file of sorts, because I’m not seeing it. But I’ve seen it discussed before, yes.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
[Craig Alan] “Why would placing a marker at a downbeat not help align a visual connected clip?”
Because he’s not marking the downbeat. He’s marking the overall program length he wants to end at.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
[John Rofrano] “I was just looking to purchase FCPX3D MODEL from Pixel Film Studios”
First off, there is no comparison between the two. PFS’s 3D plugin is not only exponentially more limited than mObject, it’s also exponentially slower and doesn’t support things such as drop zones (which are absolutely brilliant in mObject), lights in Motion, shadows and more and their renderer is definitely in a completely different league also.
Secondly, PFS was caught red-handed plagiarising MotionVFX’s plugins in the most painfully blatant way possible a while back. And if you go through their offerings you’ll notice that a large amount of their plugins came out just days or weeks of pretty much the exact same (but again much better) plugin that MotionVFX had released previously. Hmmmm…
So, for me, there’s no way they’re ever making a dime off of me. And I find their “all prices always slashed” nonsense rather lame, aside from the above. I feel taken for an idiot in more ways than one.
But to each their own of course, but with mObject you’re most definitely getting every cent worth and more.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!