Forum Replies Created

Page 131 of 195
  • Robin S. kurz

    November 6, 2014 at 11:22 am in reply to: FCP X Time Savers

    [Dave Gage] “It’s at about 11 seconds in.”

    Yes, that’s a simple BLOOM transition. Available by default in FCP.

    If, as in that case, there is a lot of darker areas in the image, it will APPEAR to only apply to part of the picture, but it obviously is being applied to the entire frame. Only the effect, as you noted yourself, is most prominent in the lighter ares, to which e.g. his face belongs.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    November 5, 2014 at 12:15 pm in reply to: The Honda Ad Timeline

    [Bill Davis] “So it might be seen as fair to imagine that we have a pretty solid base from which to compare the approaches.”

    My point exactly. Yes, WE do. But I guess we’re also just not one of the blessed ones that get knowledge of everything NLE by mere osmosis. 😀

    [David Cherniack] “I forgot that you are the pinnacle of objectivity about FCPx”

    Wow… the painfully high level of irony when he of all people says that clear escapes him. 😀 Yeah, silly Bill. He actually uses what he talks about. How dare he or we even argue something we understand. Perfect moment for playing the tired and trollish “fanboy” card, too, yes. The classic escapist tactic, which does little more than expose one’s level of ignorance on any given topic and utter lack of any real or relevant arguments otherwise.

    Makes you wonder what’s so amazingly threatening and scary about FCP X for some. Hmmm…

    [Bill Davis] “Say something about the CONTENT that I wrote.”

    Now now, Bill. Stay reasonable. That would require actually grasping what it is you’re talking about to begin with, no? ;D

    As far as the (imho ludicrous) “at a glance” thing is concerned, I for one can remember the “good ol’ days” very well, thank you. I’d assign A1+2 to dialogue, A3+4 for music, A5+6 to effects etc. like the good little track-based editor I was. Or at least that always was the plan. Then I’d actually start editing. At which point all good intentions of course went completely out the window. Since hey, don’t dare have any dialogue, music or effects overlap, because all of a sudden you were at 7+8, 9+10, 11+12 and so on and so on and so on by inserting new tracks below the others, just to stay “organized” and be able to “identify everything at a glance”. Yeah… right.

    Sometimes the overlap was just for a single, one second track and a few frames, but I still needed an entire program length track for it. Scroll. Have that happen a few times and that’s what I call “scroll city”. With FCP X A1 & A2 don’t even exist to begin with, unless I expand audio components. Space saved already. I can have as much overlap as I want, any “track” can live anywhere and I still have clear and easy differentiation in the end if and when needed. It makes any extra patching nonsense or having to think about it completely extraneous. And yes, with that you work far more fluidly i.e. much faster because you’re actually just plain EDITING without having to constantly think about each edit (CMD-Z-ing because you forgot to patch something… again). And of course after a while of playing that track-based-timeline-tango there was no way that I could know for sure what was what “just at a glance” either, not without checking individual tracks. So that “argument” is ludicrous and has nothing to do with reality. Wishful thinking.

    I thought the gentleman from Aztec nailed it when he said “Final Cut Pro X is designed for artists, while other editing systems are for operators“.

    So yes, that whole discussion is completely doltish, no question. Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming… 🙂

    – RK

  • Robin S. kurz

    November 5, 2014 at 11:57 am in reply to: Are these plugins usually good value?

    [Morten Slemdal] “I see ripple training has tutorials like rigging and publishing, and I guess that`s the best way to learn it.”

    Definitely. But you’ll want to start with the “Fast Forward” first.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    November 4, 2014 at 8:17 pm in reply to: Are these plugins usually good value?

    [Bret Williams] “I’d love to see something like motionarray.com but for Motion/X.”

    I call that MotionVFX.com. ;D

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    November 4, 2014 at 7:34 pm in reply to: Are these plugins usually good value?

    [Bret Williams] “but much on FX factory isn’t any better.”

    Whether those or any other have any value is up to the individual. There are certainly many from FX Factory I’ll never need or want either. The point was that I still couldn’t or wouldn’t make most of them even if I did. For example Ripple’s “Tools”. Could theoretically make them myself, but they’re far to intricate to be worth the time, at least for a one-off. Well worth the investment.

    [Bret Williams] “Even a simple effect like Print Stacker is quite the publishing job.”

    I don’t see why. All instances are made from the same master imho, simply saved with different published parameters, current layer states and/or preset behavior.

    And your screenshot proves my point. Take out the sharpen, brightness, sepia (?!) etc. etc. parameters, which are mere basic filters whose parameters have been published (that appear to be in all of their filters… I guess for the reasons I mentioned), then you’re left with a fairly basic effect. I wouldn’t even publish half that many parameters, therefore I’d be done even quicker and have something that suits my needs even more. I’d also use drop zones, so as not to have to stack endless clips for each move, but rather do it with one.

    But again, it’s up to everyone to figure out if and what it’s worth to them personally. I’ve been with Motion since v1.0 so my personal pride wouldn’t allow for the purchase of one of these. ;-D But I only speak for myself. If you don’t know your way around Motion, then it most definitely makes more sense to buy one, sure!

    OR you save the money, spend it on Motion, learn it over a few hours or days, build (or even modify) exactly what you need and save oodles in the long run. 🙂

    But I think I actually WILL start selling my own, come to think of it! 😀

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    November 4, 2014 at 6:41 pm in reply to: Are these plugins usually good value?

    [Bret Williams] “Everything from these guys is actually more complicated than that. “

    I’ll give you “some”, but certainly not “everything”. 😉

    Adding in some extra color correction options (??!) into a wiggle effect and the likes is just padding for show and justification imho. But yes, if you’re not already fairly proficient in Motion, then getting one of these for 29 bucks, that happens to do exactly what you’re looking for, can very well make sense. I’m not implying they’re useless, just that I personally would rather spend my money on things that I CAN’T do within 30 mins. myself (or AT ALL as in mObject or various FX Factory plugs). To each his own, relative to his skill and budget. 🙂

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    November 4, 2014 at 5:23 pm in reply to: Seeing Stuff that isn’t really there

    Depends on the “visual piece of something” you’re seeing. It obviously has to be coming from SOMEWHERE.

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    November 4, 2014 at 5:20 pm in reply to: Are these plugins usually good value?

    You could actually save even more (namely 100%) by simply learning the basics of Motion, since most of these and can be made in 2-20 minutes with medium Motion skills.

    Some are in fact even just simple published effects (i.e. made in under 1 minute) that Motion and FCP don’t share by default (for whatever reason).

    Damn, I wish I had come up with the idea… 😀

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    November 4, 2014 at 1:10 pm in reply to: The Honda Ad Timeline

    So that’s a yes. 😀

    And sorry if that’s the only logical conclusion when going by your previous posts. Feel free to set me straight.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    November 4, 2014 at 12:51 pm in reply to: The Honda Ad Timeline

    [David Cherniack] “by clicking each vertically aligned clip to find out its role.”

    You have never once actually used FCP X, have you? Nor have you read the article?

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

Page 131 of 195

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy