Forum Replies Created
-
Actually, I#d say simply using the “Adjust Volume->Relative” audio adjustment (ctrl-L) would be far more efficient.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Robin S. kurz
January 6, 2015 at 12:40 pm in reply to: Blu-ray disc chapters made in fcpx do not work on all Blu-ray playersMy bad then. I guess it was changed at some point since I last tried it. Which admittedly was a loooong time (i.e. many versions) ago. But from what I gather, the poster frames are still ignored. Like I said, optical media hasn’t been in my life for ages anymore, so I have no way of checking.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Robin S. kurz
January 4, 2015 at 11:31 pm in reply to: Blu-ray disc chapters made in fcpx do not work on all Blu-ray players[John Rofrano] “So if it works in some players then it’s not FCP X…”
Erm… no, actually it IS FCP X’s fault. It unfortunately just plain ignores chapters when outputting to BD. No idea why. It only burns BDs with generic chapters IIRC every minute or five, so custom chapters shouldn’t work in any player. Unless they changed something very recently, which I doubt.
I have no way of testing, since optical media of any sort hasn’t been part of my repertoire for over an easy 5 years.
If you need specific chapters, you’ll need to use something like Toast.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
[Karl Madsen] “can’t you just choose’ optimized media’ instead and get the same result?”
No. Optimized and proxy are two entirely different things. Optimized is for transcoding your footage into ProRes 422 without any loss in quality, but offers you more performance and realtime effects etc. than with most original media such as H.264, AVCHD etc.
Proxy on the other hand is highly compressed AND just half the resolution of the original. Meant for dealing with very large amounts of media (that would result in way too much data if simply optimized) and/or for offering realtime performance for even the weakest of workstations. Meant purely for editing, not for outputting.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Robin S. kurz
December 21, 2014 at 12:40 pm in reply to: Questions on Screen Replacement, Match Move, Analyze Motion, Coloring the Screen[Steve Crow] “Don’t I instead want something on screen with tracking markers, particularly in the corners?”
Depending on the image, lighting, subject etc. you will actually want to have BOTH. The key is to make sure the original content doesn’t come through, should the track slip a bit. AND that allows you to remove the image, but keep possible reflections that can be left in by using e.g. a Screen transfer mode. Something you obviously couldn’t do if there is just a regular image behind it. But with a planar tracker such as mocha (which is also in TrackX from Coremelt) additional track-points are far less relevant than for a POINT tracker such as Motion’s own.
[Steve Crow] “where in the plus sign do I want to place Motion’s tracking/anchor point?”
It doesn’t matter, as long as the subsequent track is good and et least very close to where the object (or corner) needs to be place later.
I would highly recommend looking at TrackX (or even the bundle with SliceX): https://www.coremelt.com/reviews/news/160-trackx-bundles-upgrades-and-tips.html I think you’ll see how much easier and precise they are in comparison.
But if it’s not worth the investment to you, take a look at these for various tips and tricks on the subject, with the 2nd one probably being the most relevant for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v49j9j87TrM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br96_vw-zhw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kaj969r7t9I– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.
-
Simply export using the DVD setting? If your project settings are correct (i.e. SD and 16:9) I don’t see what the problem could be.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Might want to watch and/or read first, then upgrade…
https://www.rippletraining.com/fcpx-features.html (even though certain things changed AGAIN with 10.1.2)
and
https://www.philiphodgetts.com/2013/12/upgrade-your-events-and-project-to-fcp-x-10-1-libraries-the-better-way/– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Vimeo framework” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.
-
[Jeremy Garchow] “You may have to uninstall the Sony PDKZ-LT2 plugin.”
Yes. Even if FCP now understands the MXF wrapper, that doesn’t mean it understands every codec contained within. The same goes for QT for that matter. And you will have been able to import from said camera BEFORE the update also btw, assuming you had the plugin installed. That part is not new. Only now they (I assume) don’t need to be rewrapped as QT.
But come to think of it, the F3 doesn’t even record in MXF! You merely need to install the plugin.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
[Oliver Peters] “… or have Premiere Pro CC installed, then you have DNxHD codecs on your system.”
I respectfully disagree. I’ve had PPro CC for a while, but when I received some DNxHD files the other day I first had to manually install the LE codecs before X would import them.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
[Jeremy Garchow] “I find MXF4mac Player To be a really good player.”
Um… where do you think their import/export extensions went after disappearing so ominously a while back? 😉
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!