Forum Replies Created
-
[Herb Sevush] “So apparently X is now capable of filtering, tagging, and assigning roles automatically”
Erm… yeah. I guess you DID miss that update. They’re called Folders and Finder Tags. Or even EVENT filter settings, which require zero changes or additional input to work accordingly.
[Herb Sevush] “Or did you mean that once you spent the time necessary on the front end things went smoothly.”
You mean, as you said, as with any other NLE? Yeah. That is… at least to a point. Only that once IN the X I have many more additional options than elsewhere. And even various previous work I do in the Finder is completely ignored by any other NLE, such as the aforementioned Finder Tags. But again, you’re clearly missing information and correlating knowledge. No biggie.
[Herb Sevush] “[Robin S. Kurz] “Exponentially shorter than with any other NLE I have ever used”
Even you can’t possibly expect anyone to take that statement seriously”
The speed? Certainly no one that has little to no experience actually working with X, no.
But of course you would take the “all” literally. Have I ever edited on Movie Maker. No, you’re right, I haven’t. Mea culpa. I was talking about those on the Mac for one, and also any that are “relevant” or were considered to be at some point. I’ll let you figure out which those could be. So yeah, wow, you totally got me.
[Herb Sevush] “How is it faster to know what’s on a trackless track where you have to highlight individual roles or look at index’s then it is to know what’s on a timeline”
Huh? I don’t in fact give a hoot which role any audio has until maybe EXPORT. And there’s actually more info to go on, if needed, than just waveforms btw. In case you missed that, too. 😀
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Robin S. kurz
March 4, 2015 at 3:51 pm in reply to: It rains, it pours. I’m just reposting stuff I come across that’s relevant.[Bob Woodhead] “Robin…. that cow is simply… awesome.”
… and completely by accident. Go figger. ;-D
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Robin S. kurz
March 4, 2015 at 3:08 pm in reply to: It rains, it pours. I’m just reposting stuff I come across that’s relevant.[Darren Roark] “It’s also ideal for really long projects too. :D”
Rumor has it, that even an ENTIRE FEATURE was cut on it…

– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
[Herb Sevush] “but at what cost?”
Absolutely none that I am aware of. Quite the contrary.
[Herb Sevush] “how often do you look at that undifferentiated mass of clips trying to figure out what is where?
All the time. Only, thanks to things such as elaborate filtering, tagging, a timeline index etc. etc. etc., those moments are extremely short lived. Exponentially shorter than with any other NLE I have ever used. And yes, I’ve used them all at some point or another during the last 20+ years, thank you.
[Herb Sevush] “Is the time saving […] worth the time lost to confusion.”
I unfortunately have absolutely no clue which “confusion” you could be referring to. And if you actually think that this is somehow the only example that demonstrates how much of a huge time saver the MT is, then you clearly do not know enough about X i.e. have insufficient practical experience/knowledge to know better. But that’s fine. And why PPro is your weapon of choice. Great.
[Herb Sevush] “it has to do with the sudden EOL of FCP7”
Sure. Never mind that it still works to this day. Totally worth the uproar. :-))))
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
It’d be entirely new to me that Motion 4 DIDN’T run under Yosemite, nor do I see any reason why it shouldn’t. And yes, 4.0.3 is the most recent version of 4.
Keeping v4 would also only make any sense if you’re (actually) still running FCP 7. Which would of course be shooting yourself in the foot on a Yosemite compatible machine. 😉
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
[James Ewart] “Actually when i do it the clips become duplicated in front of the other shots leaving the original selections in place.”
Then you’re not hitting option AFTER you click and drag, but BEFORE. In which case I don’t see how it could have worked before either.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Spoiler alert:
turns into
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
[James Ewart] “It works for me with multiple clips also oddly.”
Then try it as I described. Take 3 clips in V1, put another in V2 above the second one, THEN try option dragging the two middle ones to the beginning of the timeline, i.e. in front of the first.
See what I mean?
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
[James Ewart] “Well option drag works for me. You could knock me down with a feather! “
Used it constantly, which is why I knew about the multiple clip issue… which drove me NUTS. And also why seeing the X timeline for the first time was a complete epiphany. I literally thought to myself “Why the hell has it not always worked this way i.e. since 1990??”
[James Ewart] “A lot for the FCP7 shortcuts don’t seem to work any longer.”
Have the same issue with newer OS versions and 7. At least in my case it’s because 7 appears to be ignoring that I’m using a german keyboard, so e.g. ⌘Z is in fact ⌘Y etc. No matter what I do with the prefs. Not that I even care anymore. Maybe it’s something similar with you and the english keyboard.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
[Bret Williams] “But what if I want the broll to come with, but not the sfx and graphics? The sfx and graphics might be then end of a section segueing into the next section. But the VO and broll might need to be rearranged together. “
X, too, has Lift, Insert Paste etc. I don’t see how the solution would be any different or worse than e.g. in 7, if needed. Or I’m simply not understanding the actual issue. Because, in light of the above, I really don’t see one.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

