Forum Replies Created
-
[John Mendelsohn] “Here are a couple of screen shots. “
Erm… where??
Without seeing your canvas and Layers tab there’s no way one could make any useful guesses at what’s going on.
I just don’t understand why, if your video behind the window is playing through fine, you can’t just animate the moon over the video layer and have it masked out just the same??
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
[John Mendelsohn] “the mask icon is greyed out when I select the whole group”
I don’t see how that can be. You can create a mask on ANY selected layer with the mask tool. Groups are no exception. It would in fact be detrimental if they were an exception. But from what you describe you don’t need it on the group anyway.
[John Mendelsohn] “I want the a portion of the moon to appear just above the bottom of the window, and then rise diagonally through the window, and disappear behind its right edge.”
Sorry if I don’t understand the problem. Since that should be extremely simple to do. Window layer -> add mask(s) as needed. Moon layer underneath -> animated as needed, therefore passing through the masked areas of the window layer. What’s the issue?
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Simple. Look into the standard Motion library. There you’ll find a plethora of pre-animated arrows. ALL of which are editable (as in: bezier-curves). Simply use any one you like and edit as needed for the clip being used.
Obviously it will look best with STATIC clips, such as the first. Not so much the second, since that would require animating the scale at the same time too, which can prove to be tedious.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
[David Mathis] “Apply an image mask to the moon. This way the moon can move independent of the mask.”
Considering that he said…
[John Mendelsohn] “I want to animate a moon”
I don’t know how that could work, since it isn’t animated. He’s the one animating the moon.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
If you have used media ranges showing, I don’t actually see how you could have dup frames, unless you did it on purpose.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
If you’ve in fact selected Generator to be created when you created the project, then you don’t NEED to explicitly publish, you just simply SAVE and it will show in your Generators tab in FCP automatically.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Robin S. kurz
April 30, 2015 at 5:35 pm in reply to: “Simplifying the interface is not the same as giving you usable time code metres.”[Jeremy Garchow] “I encourage you to run a test. “
Problem is, wouldn’t one at minimum need even the most basic knowledge of what one is going on about to do that? Hmmm… somehow I don’t think we’ll be seeing any actual results posted. Like, ever.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Robin S. kurz
April 30, 2015 at 5:22 pm in reply to: FCPX Performance significantly improved for me in 10.2[David Mathis] “Must be needing more memory or the shiny tube model.”
No, just a suitable GPU… which a shiny tube would of course give you… x2. Anything under 1GB is a no-go either way.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Robin S. kurz
April 30, 2015 at 4:54 pm in reply to: MotionVFX seems to be ok with the new 3D titles in fcpx[Martin Curtis] “I notice that MotionVFX use the word “extrude” twice on that page. Perhaps they are trying to differentiate between what Apple does (extrusion) and what they do (true 3D).”
Huh? Not sure how that makes sense. If Apple is “only” doing extrusion and they aren’t, why would they repeatedly use “extrude“?? And how is what Apple is doing not “true” 3D in comparison?
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
I’m assuming you have the rotation axis set to Z? But if you don’t want to edit the graphic accordingly, then simply apply both behaviors to the group that the car is in and position, scale, rotate etc. as needed within the group.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!