Forum Replies Created

Page 103 of 195
  • Robin S. kurz

    June 3, 2015 at 5:56 pm in reply to: still driving me nuts

    [Mike Warmels] “simply because Apple doesn’t want different stuf around: they want you to continually update and buy new stuff as you go along. “

    Wow. That’s just plain obtuse. The FCP team/Apple are jerks, because they introduce new features, therefore have to update the XML code, therefore older version can’t understand it! LOL… you’re just plain brilliant.

    [Mike Warmels] “(ideally I’d only exchange libraries but sometimes we run into relinking issues if we have copies of the same media). “

    You clearly haven’t understood even the most basic concepts of FCP’s media management.

    [Mike Warmels] “not in larger workgroups with different locations, different set ups, audio mixers, color graders, broadcasters and their broadcast requirements (I can’t even make a broadcast master for my country from FCPX – you always have to go third party, but not even Compressor helps out there).”

    Right. You have completely obscure, vastly different output requirements than the plethora of broadcast companies around the world that work with FCP X 24/7. They can’t actually get anything useable out, and being blind and (unlike you of course) unprofessional “FCPX worshippers” they keep their mouth shut, so as not to taint the good name.

    Bravo.

    – RK

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 3, 2015 at 5:33 pm in reply to: still driving me nuts

    [James Ewart] “Do you come here to get your rocks off arguing and point scoring with people or to try and contribute and engage in a mutually enlightening debate?”

    Certainly something I clearly don’t need to ask you either. Don’t bother “engage[ing] in a mutually enlightening debate” and actually answering the question. But I guess that in itself is the answer.

    I know… what an amazingly provocative question is was, right? Completely justifies such a abstruse, rabid response. Very engaging, very enlightening.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 3, 2015 at 5:29 pm in reply to: Media 100 is making a Come back!

    [Jim Wiseman] “Check out media100.com for the new approach.”

    Oh, I have. And sorry, but a company that is on the very tail-end of adapting the newest in tech, codecs and OS, AND does their demos with an SD/DV timeline, doesn’t exactly strike me as anywhere near the cutting edge or make me go “Wow!”. I’ll stick with FCP X myself, thanks. Any NLE that I have to TELL which res and/or codec I’m using in advance, is no NLE for me.

    A former M100vx owner and user (and loved it at the time),
    RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 3, 2015 at 5:16 pm in reply to: Long time editor’s frustration with FCPX

    [James Ewart] “I like to be able to see what’s going on in the timeline as I am viewing and make mental notes or written notes as it’s playing through with a client…”

    Surely by TIMECODE, no? Something you can of course see at all times. Otherwise simply ⇧Z before (or even after) you play, use the scrolling (as described before), hit ⌘+ or ⌘- during playback… there are already many ways to get what you’re looking for, albeit be it “manually”. It’s not FCP 7 where any and everything you do during playback stops playback. Nor is it e.g. Logic Pro that has far less overhead to deal with.

    Certainly solutions that I far prefer over potential dropped-frames due to GPU/CPU cycles needed for redrawing (unneeded) timeline elements. It’s certainly far easier for an Avid (or the aforementioned Logic) for example, considering it offers only a fragment of the visual information in the timeline as FCP does.

    – RK

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 3, 2015 at 3:19 pm in reply to: Long time editor’s frustration with FCPX

    I’m sure you can figure it out.

    (Spoiler: it has to do with you arguing from the past i.e. based on obsolete information and/or lack thereof)

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 3, 2015 at 3:10 pm in reply to: Long time editor’s frustration with FCPX

    [Mike Warmels] “versions are not downward compatible… smooth.”

    Right. They’re completely alone as far as that’s concerned, right? Complete lone wolf.

    And sorry: wrong again. You could easily just export an XML v1.4 for another system on FCP <10.2.x. Oh well.

    But then that has no bearing on my original point either.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 3, 2015 at 2:49 pm in reply to: still driving me nuts

    [James Ewart] “Call it a timeline. “

    So… who’s keeping you from doing it?

    In all of four years, I have never said “timeline” to an FCP X User and not had them understand exactly what I mean.

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 3, 2015 at 2:47 pm in reply to: Media 100 is making a Come back!

    I hardly think a mere price drop qualifies as “a comeback”.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 3, 2015 at 2:43 pm in reply to: Long time editor’s frustration with FCPX

    [Mike Warmels] “I don’t have or like the magic mouse.”

    But you have a mouse with scroll-wheel and a shift-key, no?

    [Mike Warmels] “It’s FCPX10.1.4…”

    So I was right. It’s not the most current version. Fact is, it stops in the middle with the current version. I see little point in arguing over past versions. Unless you want to complain about FCP not having multiple scopes and freeform masks, too. Or even no RED support or paste attributes because you’re using v10.0.5.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 3, 2015 at 11:22 am in reply to: How do I crop text in Motion 5?

    I would certainly recommend looking at mObject before you go with something like C4D, if you need it in FCP X/Motion.

    https://www.motionvfx.com/mplugs-33.html

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

    Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

    This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Vimeo framework” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

Page 103 of 195

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy