Forum Replies Created

Page 102 of 195
  • Robin S. kurz

    June 4, 2015 at 11:15 am in reply to: Media 100 is making a Come back!

    [Tim Wilson] “and think that Media 100 really does have some good things to offer”

    What? is the part I’m trying to figure out. Seriously.

    [Tim Wilson] “especially to its former fans”

    Shouldn’t that at best be “only”? Really. What possible aspect, feature or whatever else could actually sway anyone into spending that amount of money in this day and age instead of going with any of the other established NLEs for much less?

    And by the way… I’m not only a former fan, but even a CURRENT OWNER, since my last board never even made it out the door and has found its peace in a drawer here somewhere. Hellaciously expensive DVBK-1/A and all! (want to wallow in even more nostalgia… I can take a picture… or send me the postage and you can have it for free for your wall) But oddly, I find what I see cringeworthy at best, sorry. They truly should have stopped when they were ahead, so at least I could lament about those “good ol’ days” without (now) being embarrassed by associating myself with the name.

    And I also can’t understand the “great deal” for the Boris plugs either. I have them for FCP et al, and as well meant and overall nicely done some are, the handling and especially THE SPEED make them unusable. Especially in comparison to the various alternatives there are. At least as far as 3D titling for FCP is concerned, I have options in mObject for 50 bucks and FCP’s own for free… and all in realtime. And they even offer (far) more functionality and are super simple to use in comparison. Add Motion to the mix for another 40 and the sky’s the limit.

    [Jim Wiseman] “You just can’t take it when someone gets some good news, can you Robin?”

    The whole reoccurring “If you don’t just agree with me and smile, then you’re just a big, fat poopy-head!” attitude is so painfully jejune and has gotten so tiring. Every opinion is allowed… as long as it’s yours. No questions. I get it.

    Apparently my definition of “Discussion board” (or should I say Debate?) is a completely different one. Oh well.

    – RK

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 4, 2015 at 10:05 am in reply to: Media 100 is making a Come back!

    [James Culbertson] “Does it still have tracks?”

    Oh yeah. In fact, as far as I can see, nothing has changed about it since the 90’s (other than maybe supported formats and hardware independence). Which is the really frightening part.

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 4, 2015 at 8:38 am in reply to: Long time editor’s frustration with FCPX

    [Neil Goodman] “Wholy crap – are you serious with this? Ae you trying to troll? “

    Gee. At least I’m glad that I get the WHOL [sic] crap. And yes I am. And yes, you clearly are.

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 3, 2015 at 7:57 pm in reply to: Media 100 is making a Come back!

    [Jim Wiseman] “At least it is up to date on current video standards including HD, 2K, 4K, and RED.”

    Yeah. So does iMovie. So why not use that if that’s (bizarrely) apparently your all-deciding criteria? In which case you can even add 5 and 6K to that list (actually… resolution independent, but hey).

    [Jim Wiseman] “Apple still worries me with their ProApps.”

    Sure. As opposed to this, which is no doubt exponentially more future-proof, right?! Gotcha. Solid argument!

    [Jim Wiseman] “My Jony Ive comments still stand.”

    Yeah, I’m sure. He’s a complete hack, no question about it.

    <_<

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 3, 2015 at 7:28 pm in reply to: Media 100 is making a Come back!

    [Charlie Austin] “Aqua buttons? yikes…”

    No kidding. You’d think for “a comeback” they’d actually TRY to look like something from at least this century. Features or not, if I can’t stand looking at it, I’m not happy working with it. Just the way I am. And that interface has literally not seen a single update since I last used it in the late 90’s! That’s just scary.

    And simply check the “Getting Started” video for example and you’ll quickly see how “modern” this is beyond that (they drive that point home by using SD/DV of all things… seriously?? :-D). It can’t even figure out the codec you’re using and set up your project accordingly without your help in advance. Overall “Getting Started” is most certainly a far less convoluted and less time consuming task then with pretty much any an every other NLE I know of today than with this. Don’t think I need to know the rest. I’d go completely nuts if I had to go through that procedure with every single new project. Wow. Somehow I’m just partial to entering a name, enter, done. I’m weird I guess. 😉

    YMMV

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 3, 2015 at 6:51 pm in reply to: still driving me nuts

    [Mike Warmels] “Maybe I should use the Tactic”

    It’s actually TASTIC. But never mind. It’s not like we expect you to actually get anything factually right.

    – RK

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 3, 2015 at 6:30 pm in reply to: still driving me nuts

    [Mike Warmels] “So I guess 10.2.1, the current version, is the PERFECT NLE… all debates can now be closed. I’ll download it today! Perfection has been achieved. NLE heaven is here. Close down all the rest.”

    As absolutely troll-tastic as could be expected. The consumate professional we should all look to as our true guide to NLE bliss. Clearly. As proven over and over by his superior and precise knowledge of all.

    *facepalm*

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 3, 2015 at 6:25 pm in reply to: Long time editor’s frustration with FCPX

    [James Ewart] “You are a perpetual antagonist on this thread Robin.”

    😀 Sure James. Fortunately it’s of course not because you don’t like the uncomfortable questions (that you are unable to answer like an actual adult). What you need is an echo-chamber. I get it. Off you go then.

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 3, 2015 at 6:14 pm in reply to: Long time editor’s frustration with FCPX

    [James Ewart] “Don’t like it …too zoomed out.”

    Then you’ll clearly want to ignore the various other options, yes.

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 3, 2015 at 6:13 pm in reply to: still driving me nuts

    [Mike Warmels] “Did you give birth to FCPX or something? “

    Thanks for making so many things clear.

    [Mike Warmels] “Tell me then how to make an MXF broadcast mate from FCPX? “

    Well gee, I would… IF ONLY YOU HAD THE MOST CURRENT VERSION. Oh right… please, continue the endless circle, won’t you? Remind us why FCP is clearly the problem here, not anything else. We keep forgetting.

    This is a seriously cringeworthy waste of everyone’s time. Thanks. I’m out.

    – RK

Page 102 of 195

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy