Forum Replies Created

Page 104 of 195
  • Robin S. kurz

    June 3, 2015 at 10:11 am in reply to: Long time editor’s frustration with FCPX

    [Mike Warmels] “I doesn’t have to scroll… it just has to center when you stop.”

    It does. If it isn’t for you, then you are simply using an age old version… which would explain a lot of other things, too.

    [Mike Warmels] “In FCPX you have to switch to HAND TOOL and find where your playhead has gone.”

    Huh?? Even in the first versions it would stop and position the playhead on the left of the timeline if it left the window on playback, nowhere else. And even then you certainly don’t need THE HAND TOOL for scrolling. That’s what the Magic Mouse is for or even SHIFT and the scroll-wheel of whatever mouse you have. If its too slow, set it in the prefs as needed.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 3, 2015 at 10:06 am in reply to: Long time editor’s frustration with FCPX

    [James Ewart] “If you don’t get it then all good for you.”

    Feel free to explain which benefit I would have then.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 3, 2015 at 10:04 am in reply to: Anti Virus software.

    None at all?

    What for?? There are ZERO existing viruses (social engineering ones obviously not included) for Mac! Anti-virus software for the Mac is completely superfluous and just a burden for system performance.

    The only thing along those lines that I could possibly recommend would be Little Snitch.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 2, 2015 at 5:42 pm in reply to: Long time editor’s frustration with FCPX

    [James Ewart] “about ten times over the years.”

    Interesting.

    Oddly, if I’m playing a video, then I’m actually looking at the canvas not the timeline, so I couldn’t actually care less about what the playhead is doing during that time. Only when I stop it and look back at the timeline. In which case, as I pointed out, it centers as needed. Assuming it left the window. And even if I for some reason need to scroll left or right or change the zoom-level during playback (all of which I can do while playing because it doesn’t scroll while playing), then I can, seeing that I have a Magic Mouse and/or (Magic) Trackpad and it’s not constantly trying to recenter i.e. auto-scroll.

    I other words: I personally have no clue what all the fuss (or as some have said: pointless niggle) is about, other than for the sake of (IMO) useless eye-candy.

    So maybe that’s Apple’s exact reasoning behind why they don’t auto-scroll? It would certainly would make perfect sense to people like me (and keep them happy at the same time). So maybe we’re the (apparently quiet) majority?

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 2, 2015 at 5:06 pm in reply to: Long time editor’s frustration with FCPX

    [James Ewart] “Would the playhead being in the middle of the timeline be too difficult a thing to do for Apple”

    So how many times have you been here about that?

    https://www.apple.com/feedback/finalcutpro.html

    And btw: it DOES in fact center in the timeline, if the playhead leaves the window and is stopped. If it did even when it didn’t leave the window, I personally would find that highly annoying.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

    Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

    This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Vimeo framework” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 2, 2015 at 8:35 am in reply to: How do I crop text in Motion 5?

    You’d have to be more specific as to what you mean by “crop“. As in e.g. MASK? That you can’t do directly on the text layer, one of the many 3D restrictions, but on the group in which it’s in. But moving a clone within obviously won’t move the mask with it. And clones of 3D text layers are like 2D snapshots, so they don’t obey perspective, no, if that’s what you mean.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    June 1, 2015 at 8:21 am in reply to: How to proceed… cutting off a limb?

    That’s an extremely tall order. And no, I don’t think that just a key and Motion is going to give you a better result than if you e.g. simply set the actor up with a fake stump. To do it well (all of course depending on your level of demand) we’re talking rotoscoping, CG, tracking… the works imho.

    I’d go for the stump. “We’ll do it in post” is only something to live by given the skills and experience and under certain circumstances. This doesn’t sound like one of them.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    May 30, 2015 at 5:38 pm in reply to: AE to Motion user keyframe question

    [Bret Williams] “Could of course make the argument that with the old way one accidental adjustment messes up ALL your keyframes instead of just one errant deleteable keyframe.”

    Not when it’s as visibly obvious what was going on as it was. 😉

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    May 30, 2015 at 3:27 pm in reply to: AE to Motion user keyframe question

    Well, I for one and pretty much everyone I know that dabbles in motion graphics (especially beginners of course) has had that “DOH!” moment over and over, when you just want to adjust something OVERALL and not just at that moment in time (scale probably being one of the best examples). You’d do it, just to find out later that you (obviously, the way others and now Motion works) only changed what happened at that moment. Setting a new unwanted keyframe and messing the rest up in context. Something that simply couldn’t happen to you the old way. And yes, having come from 10+ years of AE, I actually loved it once I figured it out. If I DID want to change it only at that moment in time (i.e. add a keyframe), I simply turned on the rec button… giving it real purpose! (which is now moot)… and didn’t have to figure out the generally less than obvious modification key, which, of course, was different with each app. Yay, huge help, thanks. So this was far more intuitive. YMMV.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Robin S. kurz

    May 30, 2015 at 2:29 pm in reply to: AE to Motion user keyframe question

    [Bret Williams] “Seems like the A key just makes no sense in either case.”

    The KEY or the record function itself? Because the old way it was in fact brilliant and better than all of the above IMO. Which is why I’m so miffed that they would do away with it for neither a good reason (that I can come up with) nor any sort of gain. Merely for (mindless) feature parity apparently.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

Page 104 of 195

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy