Rafael Amador
Forum Replies Created
-
Sorry clctech,
I’d paste the wrong link.
The one can be interesting for you is: “Creating Hi-Def DVDs Using 4.7GB Type 5 DVDs”,
also in Ken Stone:https://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/hd_dvds_on_sd_dvds_young.html
Cheers,
rafael -
Borjis,
You got all the different posibilities for SD and HD for capture and sequence presets.
I can not compare it with ProRes because I’m still in the 5.1.2
But to compare Sheer 10b Unc with Appel 10b Unc I just open two clip with QT player:
Sheer Data Rate= 123 mbs
Appel Data Rate= 223 mbs
A considerable difference. And sure play RT.
Marco Solorio wrote about some time ago:
https://codecs.onerivermedia.com/
Cheers,
rafael -
[clctech] “It seems like his process is adding extra compression because it means exporting to Quicktime, then converting to mpeg-2 in Compressor”
Well, that depends of the quality whichs you export from FC. If you export a 10b uncompress this extra step don’t go to degrade the quality of your picture. You can export a full movie, a refference movie or send to Compressor from the FC time-line. The only that will change is the compression time, because with the last option all the movie is rendered again even if all your sequence is already rendered in FC. This is not the most important, but the rest of the work-flow shown in the article can be interesing for you to get a better DVD.
rafael -
Berr,
When you import a widescreen movie from AE to Fc, you have to check “Annamorphic” manually in the FCs Brownser. Otherwise FC don’t recognice the picture aspect-ratio. The same atention you have to pay to teh “pixel aspect”. If you don’t set properly this data in the Bownser and set the sequence setting according, the movie won’t fit in the FC Canvas window.
Rafael -
“HDV video to SD DVD Using Compressor 3 and DVD SP” in:
https://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/hdv_to_sd_dvd.html
For SD the Compressor pre-sets are OK but do not suit every kind of film. if your movie got a lot of movement, You better rise the bit-rate and use VBR. Allways 2 passes.
If you are not happy with the result you can try to use short GOPs. I do SD DVDs with 6f GOPs for the MPG2 and there is not comparation with the default long GOPs MPG2. Not long ago was risky to do this kind of DVDs because many players could not cope with the higher bit-rate. Today things had improved:-)
rafael -
Tom,
I set my sequence setting with Sheer so what I got from AE it doesn’t need to be rendered.
If you got a KONA or BMD you can capture directly with Sheer. When you install it you got all the “Easy set-ups” for FC. So you can do all the process from capturing untill the mastering with this codec. Even if I do the editing with the Appel, the movie I keep for archiving I keep it in Sheer because it takes the half of the space in the disk.
You get in the same package 8/10b Unc YcbCr 422{4}/444{4} and also RGB 8/10b 444{4}. For every need. All with Alpha available.
For CGI the only QT codec that offer superior performance is the Microcosm for his 64 bit-depth.
Cheers,
rafael -
Because when you install the drivers, the FC prefferences are trashed. What you can do is (once you have your keyboard set etc) save a copy of the FC prefferences for the next time you install the drivers or you need to trash them your self.
rafael -
Hi Tom,
PNG is a great codec, but if I have to bring my movie from AE to a YCbCr sequence in FC, I preffer to export from AE in that color space. When I have to put few things from AE toguether, I export from AE with Sheer and I set my sequence in FC with Sheer for mastering. Very little to render and you get a 10b Unc .mov in a very light file.
rafael -
The 16×9 of the PD150 is OK. Is not a native 16×9 because to get that the camera should have 16×9 CCDs but is much better that what you would get by shooting in 4×3 and them cropping.
Have a look at those articles of Adam wilt and you will see what I’m talking about.https://www.dv.com/print_me.php?articleId=59100233
https://www.adamwilt.com/DV-FAQ-etc.html
Cheers,
rafael -
[Sean ONeil] “24fps is what gives the film look”
All the people who develope Cine-look plugins say that the cine-look is more related with the Tele-cine process than with the number of frames per second.
Cine is 24 fps because eighty years ago they had not the means for a higher number of photograms per second. If the cinematographers of the old times could have choosen probably the would have preffer shoot 30 or more images per second.
rafael