Forum Replies Created

Page 730 of 812
  • Mike Kujbida

    October 9, 2007 at 2:19 pm in reply to: Blend modes- composite help

    While it’s targeted at a Mac, the Blending Bliss tutorial from Digital Juice explains what most of these functions do and, for the most part, can be duplicated in Vegas.

  • Mike Kujbida

    October 9, 2007 at 12:22 pm in reply to: Bad Interlacing

    The reason for me not using Vegas for DVD capturing was HDD space, I needed only couple of takes from that DVD, probably my mistake, who knew?

    Benny, as long as this is not a copyrighted disc, try using DVD Shrink (Google for it) to extract the relevant section.
    I seem to recall someone saying that it can do this.

  • Mike Kujbida

    October 7, 2007 at 8:54 pm in reply to: Bad Interlacing

    Sounds to me like your cropping on cam 2’s footage changed it from lower field to upper field.
    Try cropping it again but this time shift the crop position one line lower or higher.

    BTW, why would you bother with VirtualDub Mod when Vegas can import DVD footage?
    You could then do your cropping right in Vegas.

  • Mike Kujbida

    October 7, 2007 at 2:17 am in reply to: Quicktime

    Vegas already has this option 🙂
    After selecting Quicktime as the “Save as type” and your desired “Template”, click the “Custom” button beside the
    Template” box.
    Then click the “Video” tab.
    In the “Video format” dropdown box(middle of the page), select “Photo – JPEG”.
    Since you’ll be doing this more than once, save this as a preset by changing the name in the “Template” box at the top of this tab (to something that makes sense to you) and then click the “Save Template” button (the icon that looks like a floppy disc).

  • Mike Kujbida

    September 29, 2007 at 5:41 pm in reply to: avchd/m2ts file importing issues

    Someone correct me I’m mistaken but I think all you need to do is change the extension to .m2t

  • Mike Kujbida

    September 26, 2007 at 10:10 pm in reply to: Rendering for DVD

    [Wile_E] “I always use two-pass variable bitrate with 9800kb/s max + 256kb audio. This gives 10056kb/s, which is just under the maximum allowed.”

    The problem is that pressed discs are OK at that high a bit rate but I personally would never go that high on any burning job, even though I stick to Taiyo-Yuden and Verbatim media exclusively.
    My feeling (and that of numerous other posters) is that that’s just asking for problems.

  • Mike Kujbida

    September 26, 2007 at 10:03 pm in reply to: I need recommendation for real DVD

    Jerry, I don’t remember you saying what camera you were using but Sony has two 24p whitepapers (PDF format) on their site aimed at 24p production in Vegas and DVDA.
    One is 24p and Panasonic AG-DVX100 and AJ-SDX900 and the other is 24p HDCAM/DVCAM.

    I know that the DVX100/SDX900 paper has very specific steps for successfully burning a 24p DVD.

  • Mike Kujbida

    September 26, 2007 at 3:11 am in reply to: Rendering for DVD

    He means that, if you render your video at 9,800,800 (maximum allowable), you won’t have any room left for the audio portion of your project.

  • Mike Kujbida

    September 24, 2007 at 11:24 pm in reply to: keep voice remove music..reverse karaoke?

    To Terje & Terry, excellent suggestion about the OP using his own voice since all that’s needed is a voice and not a “decent” one.
    Not to say that Jack doesn’t have a good voice as I have no idea 🙂

  • Mike Kujbida

    September 24, 2007 at 7:12 pm in reply to: Please explain this DVDA failure

    Sorry about that Jerry 🙁
    I know how frustrating it can be.

    The only other thing that comes to mind is something Edward Troxel said in another Vegas forum and that was that DVDA will always reencode a menu, especially if it has video in it.

    Hopefully he or DSE can expand on this “quirk”.

Page 730 of 812

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy