Forum Replies Created

Page 691 of 812
  • Mike Kujbida

    April 10, 2008 at 11:52 pm in reply to: OT: Lavalier comparison

    You’re quite welcome Ralph 🙂
    If you’re going to NAB next week, bring back some of their (much warmer than us) weather with you please!!

  • Mike Kujbida

    April 10, 2008 at 7:34 pm in reply to: Computer Suggestions??

    Videoguys just posted their newwest DIY article, DIY6: Quad Core System.
    As you can see, prices HAVE dropped a lot since I bought mine 🙂

  • Mike Kujbida

    April 10, 2008 at 6:07 pm in reply to: Computer Suggestions??

    [Gary Chvatal] “If you don’t mind me asking, how spendy is a system like that?”

    No problem Gary.
    I paid around $4,000.00
    Two things to keep in mind about my price.
    #1 is that I’m in Canada which means slightly higher prices.
    #2 is that it was purchased over a year ago and prices have dropped a LOT since then.

  • Mike Kujbida

    April 10, 2008 at 1:16 am in reply to: Please help a Newbie with Rendering problems.

    Something is very strange here.
    When you click in the “save as type” box, MPEG-2 should be the 8th item on the list.

    ATRAC audio
    Audio Interchange File Format
    Dolby Digital AC-3 Pro
    Dolby Digital AC-3 Studio
    FLAC
    MainConcept AVC/AAC
    MainConcept MPEG-1
    MainConcept MPEG-2

    All I can suggest at this point is to contact Sony Customer Service and see if they have any ideas.
    Sorry 🙁

  • Mike Kujbida

    April 10, 2008 at 1:02 am in reply to: Yet Another Question “Monitors”

    Trust me when I say to go for at least a 24″ monitor.
    I have one and my kids’ 20″ looks positively puny beside it.
    I went with a Dell 2407 but it’s no longer available.
    A co-worker of mine recently bought a 28″ I-Inc from Tiger Direct (I’d never heard of the brand either) but he loves it!!

  • Mike Kujbida

    April 10, 2008 at 12:52 am in reply to: 64 bit verses 32 bit Questions

    Sorry Ray but, since I’m still running 32 bit XP, I really haven’t paid a lot of attention to those posts.
    You can do a search on the Sony Vegas forum on vista 64 bit and I’m sure you’ll get several hits.
    There’s nothing wrong with going with a system like you’re talking about.
    You can always switch over to Vista (or Microsoft 7 when it gets released) at some point in the future.
    BTW, the only reason I didn’t go Vista when I got my new machine was because it was still new on the market and I didn’t want to be a guinea pig.

  • Mike Kujbida

    April 9, 2008 at 9:33 pm in reply to: 64 bit verses 32 bit Questions

    Ray, based on numerous threads on the Sony Vegas forum I know that there are several folks running 64-bit versions of XP & Vista with very few problems.

    Sony is supposed to be showing the 64-bit version of Vegas at NAB next week with delivery promised “later this year”.
    It’s supposed to be for Vista 64 only though 🙁

  • Mike Kujbida

    April 9, 2008 at 4:03 pm in reply to: Computer Suggestions??

    “eSATA is just the external version of SATA”

    Thanks for the correction David.
    Too many buzzwords to remember these days 🙂

  • Mike Kujbida

    April 9, 2008 at 10:46 am in reply to: Computer Suggestions??

    I gave the specs to a local PC shop and had them build it for me.
    My machine’s specs were based on John Rofrano’s system who based his on John Cline’s system.
    I forgot to mention that the package also included a 24″ Dell monitor.
    If I was going to change anything, I’d add a 2nd 24″ monitor.
    You can never have too much screen real estate 🙂
    My hard drives are only SATAs and I believe eSATA is the latest “flavour” of them.
    If you’re going into HDV/AVCHD, you might want to consider a RAID system of some kind. My needs are not extreme so I decided against it.

  • Mike Kujbida

    April 9, 2008 at 1:23 am in reply to: Computer Suggestions??

    Here’s the link to the Intel price drop I was talking about.

Page 691 of 812

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy