Forum Replies Created

Page 119 of 812
  • Mike Kujbida

    January 22, 2013 at 6:24 pm in reply to: Need Assistance With Sony Vegas 5 Rendering Options

    [Scott Hicks] “When I render from Vegas, am I supposed to be rendering to two different files, audio & video separately and then bring them into DVD Architect…”

    Yes. You render the video as a “DVD Architect NTSC video stream” mpeg 2 file and the audio as an AC-3 file.
    Give both of them the same name (i.e. Scott.mpg and Scott.ac3) and render them both to the same folder.
    That way, when you go into DVD Architect and load the video file, the audio will automatically follow.

    ” It creates a folder called “Audio_TS” but it doesn’t put anything in there.”

    With the exception of specialty concert DVDs, the AUDIO_TS folder is always empty.

    “Note: This may be a dead question anyhow. I decided to purchase Vegas 10 Professional and should have it in a few days. I may just be wasting my time with such an old program. Thoughts?”

    There are a lot of similarities between Pro 10 and Vegas 5 so finish this project and learn from it.
    Are you getting a newer version of DVD Architect as well?
    p.s you’ll find some good tutorials for Pro 10 at https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/training

  • Mike Kujbida

    January 22, 2013 at 12:04 pm in reply to: Audio setting

    As a follow-up to John’s suggestion, here’s a link to two excellent books on the subject of audio for video.
    https://www.dplay.com/book/

  • Mike Kujbida

    January 22, 2013 at 12:00 pm in reply to: Quicktime error in Sony Vegas 12

    The newest version of QuickTime has been a problem for a lot of people. Try an older version and see if that helps.
    https://support.apple.com/downloads/#quicktime

  • Mike Kujbida

    January 19, 2013 at 6:57 pm in reply to: Need Assistance With Sony Vegas 5 Rendering Options

    [Scott Hicks] “I did use the “DVD Architect NTSC Video Stream” selection but I just edited it to have my name on the end for convenience.”

    OK. Just making sure you used the right one.

    [Scott Hicks] “I do not have the “Dolby Digital AC-3 Pro” as an option so I’m guessing that this is a plug-in that I need, correct?”

    Because you’re using Vegas 5, I didn’t think you would but there should be something similar.
    Look for AC-3 in the audio file format options.

    [Scott Hicks] “My other question was the check box for “2 Pass”. You don’t have it checked but you had said I needed to do that. However, when I checked that box it took 9 hours to render instead of 4 1/2 so I’m wondering if that was a problem too.”

    That’s normal. Here’s a great explanation that John Rofrano gave for it.

    2-Pass is an option for VBR where the first pass collects information on how much detail each frame needs and then the second pass allocates the bits based on the information collected in the first pass. This solves the problem of not knowing what’s coming next because you now know what’s coming next and how many bits you will need to represent future frames and still not exceed the average bit-rate. 2-Pass takes twice as long to encoder because it processes the video twice but it squeezes every last drop of quality for a given average bit-rate.

  • Mike Kujbida

    January 19, 2013 at 4:55 pm in reply to: Need Assistance With Sony Vegas 5 Rendering Options

    I forgot to mention a great PDF tutorial courtesy of Edward Troxel that goes into more detail than this.
    The link for it is at https://www.jetdv.com/vegas/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15

  • Mike Kujbida

    January 19, 2013 at 4:54 pm in reply to: Need Assistance With Sony Vegas 5 Rendering Options

    Scott, I’ll try to address your questions as best as I can.

    OK, now on here I selected “Best”, or should I have selected “Good”?

    Unless you have a lot of stills on your timeline, Good is OK.

    I forgot to set the 128 for the audio but it didn’t look like it made much difference in size according to the calculator. Would 44.1 for the sample rate make any difference?

    You’re not using the “DVD Architect NTSC Video Stream” template for your video and the “Dolby Digital AC-3 Pro” stream for your audio.
    As I said before, I don’t think Vegas 5 calls the AC-3 template Pro but that’s the one to look for.
    A DVD requires audio at 48 K and that’s why the AC-3 template is highly recommended.

    What I do as the final step is “Prepare” the disc in DVD Architect and then use another app to do the actual burning of the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders.
    I like IMGBurn but John Rofrano recommends BurnAware (both are free).
    https://www.imgburn.com/
    https://www.burnaware.com/
    It may not be right but I’ve always ignored the 4.3 GB. limit (I go with the 4.7 GB. limit myself) as I consider this to be a data DVD burn as opposed to a movie burn.
    I’ve done in excess of 1,000 DVDs this way and haven’t had any fail on me yet.

  • Mike Kujbida

    January 19, 2013 at 12:58 am in reply to: What is the program to analyze video files?

    You’re probably thinking of MediaInfo

  • Mike Kujbida

    January 18, 2013 at 7:16 pm in reply to: Need Assistance With Sony Vegas 5 Rendering Options

    Scott, welcome to the forum and Vegas.

    The first thing you need to know is that DVD Architect is notorious for reporting incorrect file sizes so, as long as you know that the combined size of the video and audio files are under the 4.3 GB. limit, ignore the warning.

    Start off by choosing the right Template and that is DVD Architect NTSC Video Stream.
    This will create a video stream for you.

    According to the bitrate calculator I use, I get the following (rounded down by me) numbers:
    7,800,000 / 6,200,000 / 3,700,000
    Due to the length of your video, do this as a 2-pass render.
    You can save this setting for future use by giving it a name in the Template box at the top of this tab and clicking the Save icon.

    For audio, use the default Dolby Digital AC-3 template. As I recall, Vegas 5 didn’t have 2 options for this one so this is OK. BTW, it defaults to 192 Kbps.
    224 should be an option if you want it.

    Make sure you give both files the same name and render them to the same folder. That way, when you load the video file into DVD Architect, the audio will automatically follow.

    Don’t change any other settings on any tabs and you should be OK.
    Good luck and please feel free to ask any questions you might have.
    You’ll find that we’re a very friendly group here 🙂

  • Mike Kujbida

    January 18, 2013 at 12:49 am in reply to: 8 plex creation -picture in picture

    An update to the above post (from the developer of DaviTools).

    Copy files to Application DataSonyVegas ProApplication Extensions

    The VideoWall will now be available in Vegas.

  • Mike Kujbida

    January 17, 2013 at 8:00 pm in reply to: 8 plex creation -picture in picture

    You don’t say what version of Vegas you’re using but give DaviTools VideoWall a try.
    https://www.davitools.com/videowall/DownloadVw.aspx
    While originally written for Pro 8 and 9, it will work in Pro 10, 11 and 12.

    Be advised of the following information provided by user WillemT on the Sony Vegas forum.

    What appears to happen is that it gets installed in:
    C:UsersusernameAppDataRoamingSonyVegas Pro9.0Application Extensions

    If you copy it to:
    C:UsersusernameAppDataRoamingSonyVegas ProApplication Extensions
    VP12 sees it and it appears to work.
    I find it does not always position the windows as per the template, or, maybe I do not properly understand it’s operation.

Page 119 of 812

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy