Forum Replies Created

Page 106 of 812
  • Mike Kujbida

    March 18, 2013 at 10:47 am in reply to: Shotgun Microphone

    [Roger Bansemer] “We often shoot where we get unwanted car noise, etc over our voice.”

    Good audio recording is almost a black art. It definitely takes skill and knowledge to “do it right”.

    “Right now we use a cardiod mike which works pretty good for narrow directional recording but it’s certainly not perfect.”

    If you live in or near a major city, see if there’s a good pro audio shop (not a music/band shop) that you can go in and talk to some people for advice.
    JW Sound Group is a forum for audio folks that work at levels far above anything we do. Browse the various groups on there for some excellent ideas and recommendations for good stores.

    “I’m always amazed at newscasters that do reports in hurricanes and by busy street corners where hardly any ambient noise can be heard.”

    The right mic makes ALL the difference. I once did a shoot inside a bar where I couldn’t hear myself think because it was so loud 🙂
    I was using a Sennheiser ME-80 shotgun mic (since discontinued) and was amazed at how good the sound was when I got back to the edit suite. It picked up the talent and the music was at a very low level.

  • Mike Kujbida

    March 18, 2013 at 10:06 am in reply to: rendering hd to dvd workflow

    [Campbell Killick] “Sony vegas really dosent like to render HD to SD and its doing my head in.”

    Yes it does because a lot of us on here, myself included, do it all the time.

    “I have tried matching the project properties to the rw footage (HD) before editing and rendering but when I try to render to DVD the output is unwatchable (frames dropped and shudder)”

    What’s the make and model of your camera? What are your project properties?

    “SO I choose “match project settings” and try to render Mainconcept MPEG-2. THis is very slow and produces a monster file that needs to be re-rendered in DVD architect.”

    For an SD DVD, you have to render your video to an appropriate MPEG-2 template and your audio to AC-3.

    Fill in some of the requested details and I’m certain that we can help you.
    Also, please post your computer specs (OS, RAM, # and size of hard drives, etc.) and your version of Vegas (Pro or Movie Studio).

  • Mike Kujbida

    March 17, 2013 at 7:40 pm in reply to: Shotgun Microphone

    The Rode VideoMic Pro Compact Shotgun Microphone and the Sennheiser MKE 400 Compact Video Camera Shotgun Microphone are quite often recommended.
    $200 and $230 respectively at B&H.

  • Mike Kujbida

    March 14, 2013 at 8:26 pm in reply to: Out putting project to DVD in Vegas 9

    Unless you got it as part of a camera purchase, DVDA comes with Vegas.

  • [Paul Belter] “i am sure i ‘d have figure it out as soon as i’d really started to wok on that :)”

    I’m sure that you would have 🙂

  • [Paul Belter] “But I am pretty sure that for the local church it will be good enough to set 3 separate dvd/bluray players (the same model would be perfect) and just 3 people could get themselves trained to run all 3 discs on ‘one, two, three…go”.”

    If all 3 players are the same and in the same location, one remote will do everything.

  • Mike Kujbida

    March 12, 2013 at 12:33 pm in reply to: Izotope Question

    [Roger Bansemer] “iZotope had a wonderful webinar a few weeks ago. I don’t know if it’s online yet. Anyone know?

    Yes it is online and you can find it at https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/izotopewebinar

  • Mike Kujbida

    March 10, 2013 at 6:56 am in reply to: Pan/Crop will not open any more.

    Reinstall the program.

  • Mike Kujbida

    March 10, 2013 at 5:43 am in reply to: Correcting a vegas audio track in Sound Forge

    [Gabriel Solomon] “When I right click on the audio track, I have the option to open the track in Sound Forge”

    You should also have the option to “open copy” and this is the preferred method.
    Do your desired editing, save it and go back to Vegas.
    You’ll see that the modified audio has been added as a Take over top of your existing audio event and saved to your project as Project Name Take 2.wav
    You can switch back and forth from source to new audio by clicking the audio event and pressing the T (for Take) key.
    The beauty of using the Copy mode is that your source audio is untouched.

  • Mike Kujbida

    March 10, 2013 at 12:41 am in reply to: Panasonic GH3 import attributes error

    I believe that PHOTOfunSTUDIO is the utility I came across when I googled this camera. Does the manual say anything about it?

Page 106 of 812

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy