Mike Clasby
Forum Replies Created
-
I guess I don’t really know what you want to do, I read :
“what I need to do is take the line drawing and make it look like they are created out of dots.”
But I don’t really see a line drawing, or know what your shooting for, so the Vegas/Stroke suggestions probably won’t work since they are for a line drawing in the sense of a Pen and Ink, black lines drawing a figure.
-
I don’t think those other factors(the “mystery” ones nobody uses) will do what you want.
Dan had an earlier post that concerned wiggle then decay, here:
https://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?forumid=2&postid=823392
But I think you’d be best tying either Amplitude or Frequency of the wiggle to a slider, then keyframing the slider. Zero as a keyframes kills the wiggle dead, a positive value down the line builds to the wiggle gradually.
In case you don’t know how:
wiggle (5,20)
highlight (select) the 5, then pickwhip to a slider stopwatch(Effect>Expression Controls>Slider Control) and you have an expression like this:
wiggle (effect(“Slider Control”)(“Slider”),20)
Setting keyframes with the slider now puts you in complete control.
-
I don’t think those other factors(the “mystery” ones nobody uses) will do what you want.
Dan had an earlier post that concerned wiggle then decay, here:
https://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?forumid=2&postid=823392
But I think you’d be best tying either Amplitude or Frequency of the wiggle to a slider, then keyframing the slider. Zero as a keyframes kills the wiggle dead, a positive value down the line builds to the wiggle gradually.
In case you don’t know how:
wiggle (5,20)
highlight (select) the 5, then pickwhip to a slider stopwatch(Effect>Expression Controls>Slider Control) and you have an expression like this:
wiggle (effect(“Slider Control”)(“Slider”),20)
Setting keyframes with the slider now puts you in complete control.
-
Oh, yeah, put a layer underneathe with teeth or a tongue as split reveals whats benaeth, or a layer with Ramp (radia, balck and red to simulate a gullett).
-
Oh, yeah, put a layer underneathe with teeth or a tongue as split reveals whats benaeth, or a layer with Ramp (radia, balck and red to simulate a gullett).
-
Another Monty Python-type mouth that’s quick is to tie Distort>CC Split to the audio keyframes with expressions.
Pickwhip the amount to the Keyframes Slider (both0, position the end points of the Split at the corners of the mouth, then adjust the opening amount with a *2 or *4 to increse the amount it opens.
Even better is Split 2, with a *2 on Split 1, (upperlip) and *4 on Split 2 amount (lower lip). It loos suitably goofy for Monty folks.
-
Another Monty Python-type mouth that’s quick is to tie Distort>CC Split to the audio keyframes with expressions.
Pickwhip the amount to the Keyframes Slider (both0, position the end points of the Split at the corners of the mouth, then adjust the opening amount with a *2 or *4 to increse the amount it opens.
Even better is Split 2, with a *2 on Split 1, (upperlip) and *4 on Split 2 amount (lower lip). It loos suitably goofy for Monty folks.
-
Hey, I thought your Stroke idea was better, but it doesn’t look like he wants to pen the masks.
With Vegas Contours you do get dots on the inside and outside on the lines, so a way to get masks is to use Autotrace (Layer>Auto-trace) with settings like Tolerence: .1, Threshold: 1%, but it all depends on the graphic.
The graphic can be strengthened with Vegas (Start,Mid,End Opacities all at 100%, Segments 1, Length 1, Color Red. Then use Red for the Auto-Trace, only trouble you get lots of masks and have to sort through them to find the ones you want, again you get masks for the inside and the outside of the lines, so you need to delete the ones you don’t want or need.
Sometimes it is easier to just Draw them with the Pen Tool, you get better with practice.
Hey, Thomas W, can you post a graphic somewhere (Putfile.com maybe)? A lot depends on a specific example.
-
It must be an AE7 or CS2 thing, I’ve got AE6.5 and PS7, so maybe someone with AE7 and CS 2 can help, looks like I’ve just muddied the water. Hard to believe AE7 can’t do what 6.5 did when importing psds.