Without seeing the camera’s motion, it’s hard to see what issues there are. I’m guessing that there’s no dolly track – that it’s handheld. Since you’re just now asking how to fix the shot, rather then thinking it out ahead of time, it indicates that there was no planning in place.
So I’m guessing the camera guy probably gets closer and further from the guy in addition to tilting and bouncing. This, coupled with the fact that you’re doing a 360 means you’re going to have a difficult job.
For future reference:
Since you’re going to be rotoscoping him out, you could have put the camera on a tripod, the guy on a turntable (or lazy susan-type thing) and spun the guy. (Maybe even in front of a chroma screen; might have saved you some rotoscoping trouble).
It may be easier to use some third party stabilization plug-in…
Again, without seeing the actual footage it’s hard to know how to deal with it. You might have to do it in pieces, a bit at a time and possibly some frame-by-frame tweaking yourself by hand.
Using AE’s built-in tracker, I would track a point on the ground by his feet to stabilize. I’d do it for as many frames as I could get away with, then appy it, choose a new spot and do it again.
Or, when that didn’t work, I would just go frame by frame through the footage in the tracker, making sure the tracker point is in the right spot on each frame. You may need to do some smoothing and tweaking after, but that might start you off on the right way.
– The Great Szalam
(The ‘Great’ stands for ‘Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble’)
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Social Media Profiles