Forum Replies Created

Page 274 of 391
  • Michael Sacci

    March 31, 2009 at 2:45 pm in reply to: My first HPX500 experience

    One correction, the HPX500 is a 1/2″ chip verse the 1/3″ of the HVX200. So it has all the benefits you list but not as much as if you go up to a 2/3″ chip. But then again all 2/3″ are more than double the price.

  • Michael Sacci

    March 30, 2009 at 10:29 pm in reply to: Making a music Dvd

    There is a Director forum if you want help with that. Sounds like that is what you are going to need. Of course this will not play on a set top player, but seems like you don’t need that by stating it is a DATA DVD.

    WIth a DVD you can easily build a track menu that jumps to any track but there is no search function.

  • Michael Sacci

    March 30, 2009 at 8:16 pm in reply to: My first HPX500 experience

    If you shoot in lower light situation there will be a huge difference in quality. The bigger the chip that better. That and the ability to change lenses is the reason to go up to the big camera. I don’t know many people that can hand hold a small camera very well. I think that is why shaky footage is in style.

    Always learn your camera before you take it on a job. 🙂

  • Michael Sacci

    March 30, 2009 at 8:09 pm in reply to: Playback Problem w/ IoHD

    I liked the downconvert that I did with the Kona3 to IoHD so the Kona was doing the downconvert via SDI.

    I tried both components and setups and of course the 0 setup was even darker.

    I have a Grade 1 SD monitor w/SDI coming my way and I’m going to be able to A/B my Kona vs IoHD tomorrow.

  • Michael Sacci

    March 30, 2009 at 6:14 pm in reply to: Playback Problem w/ IoHD

    I had the airport card turned off before, this time went to the system prefs and turned off all the sharing, screen, file and bluetooth and the timeline played back fine with 1080sf23.98 with analog out component 529i29.97.

    The one thing that I notice is that this downconvert looked different (darker, crushed blacks) then the downconvert I did with the Kona3 to IoHD.

    Hate not having decks to really test everything out, always chasing problems with no time to really get a workflow and settings down.

    Anyway, thanks for your help Gary.

  • Michael Sacci

    March 30, 2009 at 6:09 pm in reply to: Making a music Dvd

    [Frank Danieli] “I need to make a dvd with a search that return some results after checking a db”

    Cannot be done, DVDs are self contained.

  • Michael Sacci

    March 30, 2009 at 2:06 pm in reply to: Playback Problem w/ IoHD

    [gary adcock] “your clock in pinging for time”
    Lord no, I would be in the looney bin with pinging going on!

    I’m going to make tapes this morning (I do this off site) I will double check network stuff and other recommendations.

    I have a downconverted SD version so I should be able to get my tapes made one way or the other, I just would like to get all the kinks out.

    Thanks, will get back to you soon.

  • Michael Sacci

    March 30, 2009 at 1:35 pm in reply to: Playback Problem w/ IoHD

    No other app, other than the control panel, is running.

    The drive’s read test is high enough, plus if I hook it up to my MacPro it plays off this same drive with no problem. The sequence also plays back just fine if video out is turned off. So I guess I would say I’m pretty sure it is not the drive.

    The video file is a self contained movie exported from a fully rendered sequence.

    AJA 6.0.03 is installed and lastest firmware is on the IoHD.

  • Michael Sacci

    March 30, 2009 at 5:12 am in reply to: About Anamorphic DVD Squeeze/Un-squeezing

    4:3 menus also get the same type of treatment but just in the other direction. But if you have any version of PhotoShop CS and above there is no need to do all this size conversion, it does it for you.

    Start with a New document with Film/Video preset as DV NTSC (or Widescreen) with pixel aspect ratio set to .9 or 1.2. Design you menu, save as a tiff, bring it into DVDSP. That is as good and as easy as it gets.

    What Noah was getting at, I believe, small text never works on video, especially when you go up to larger TVs. A 40″ TV has the same amount of pixels as a 20″ TV displayed. 720×480. That is why the bigger the TV the further back it is suggested by get from it.

  • Michael Sacci

    March 30, 2009 at 4:58 am in reply to: GLYPH GT062 1T Hard drives

    Start trouble shooting, start with one

    Try new FW cables. I don’t think I have had more than 2 cables go bad in 10 years with I would guess over a 100 cables. I have never bought cables, just used the ones that come with the drives.

    Do you have the same problem if you go back to the GTech drives?

    Do you have this problem with other projects?

    How full are the drives?

    I have never used Copy and Paste to move files, just drop and drop, don’t know if that makes a difference.

Page 274 of 391

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy