Forum Replies Created

Page 133 of 391
  • Michael Sacci

    June 14, 2010 at 4:23 pm in reply to: Creating DVD titles with RCE

    Yes I did, so the question is why do you need to limit your release in even a tighter way.

    Region 0 players just by pass the need for a specific region code. So with that player it will play any DVD. Those two studios made it so their disc won’t play in those players. Is that what you need?

    By default programs like DVDSP have all the RC selected and will play on any player.

    RCE I believe is property software or scripts used by those major studios.

  • Most likely its impossible to fix. I fight this problem with filming concerts, why heavy stadium lenses and the right platform are so important. I have pissed off a lot of people by requiring (2) 4×4 platforms instead of one 4×8 or smaller.

    The issue is most of the image within a frame is blurry from the shake unlike a floating camera in a handheld shot. If Lock and Load works for this I would love to know.

  • I do this with files every now and then and even between me and an editor cross the country.

    Nothing syncs the project files and only one person can be working on the project at a time. SO this is more of a house keeping thing.

    As long as all the footage and files being used for the project are with a single main folder, but you can have folders within this main folder. Each person/system has a copy of all the media.

    Then I keep track of the current project by name. It starts as

    FCP Project_System01_In01, before I send it to the other person the file changes to
    FCP Project_System01_Out01, the other system changes the name to FCP Project_System02_In02, then send it back as FCP Project_System02_Out02, then it becomes FCP Project_System01_In03 and so on. The OUT files are label with Red and the IN with green.

    You will need to relink each time the project goes to the other system but if you use the same names and folder structure you link the first file and FCP links the rest.

    I have done this on HD multicam projects with 8 angles and 3 TB of footage.

  • Michael Sacci

    June 14, 2010 at 5:25 am in reply to: Creating DVD titles with RCE

    Look up region codes in your authoring softwares manual. Unless you are a Hollywood studio that wants a timed release in different parts of the world you normally author disc that are playable in all regions.

  • Michael Sacci

    June 13, 2010 at 3:40 am in reply to: Canon 7d versus Nikon

    That what I look for in a camera, with certain settings and conditions it takes great video but the rest of the time it is crap. 🙂 sorry just found that description pretty humorous.

  • Michael Sacci

    June 12, 2010 at 7:50 pm in reply to: Canon 5d footage transcoding

    Yeap, most people think the key to hollywood finishing is all in post, but it starts in production which gives them the material to work the magic in post. I’m not a House fan be I want to see that episode.

    Also the key reason they went with DSLR is because the look fit the story they were telling. It was not a normal House, they have no plans to make DSLRs the camera of choice for next season. Which is not a knock but it puts it back into the thought that these are just tools, brushes. You need to choice the best brush for the job.

  • Michael Sacci

    June 12, 2010 at 7:37 pm in reply to: How to burn a large video to DVD.

    Glad to see someone can take “read the manual” as a good sport, great response, not only will this make you a better author, it will make you a better man.

    When you hit a road block post that questions, we are here to help.

  • Michael Sacci

    June 11, 2010 at 10:10 pm in reply to: How to burn a large video to DVD.

    Basically what you are asking is how do I make a DVD. Have you even opened the manual, looked for a simple tutorial?

    DVD has nothing to do with YouTube so you are wasting your time there.

  • Michael Sacci

    June 10, 2010 at 11:54 pm in reply to: edit to video is hurting my head

    [Andy Pac] “Can I also say that I don;t know any tech jargon and don;t live with figures coming out of my ears or codecs or anything else like that. “
    Do you not think that you need that on the AVID?

    So what are your sequence setting?

    What is happening when you try to PTT or ETT. Being vague here will get you vague guesses.

    What is a “garden sharp viewcam” I remember selling Hi8 Viewcams.

  • Michael Sacci

    June 10, 2010 at 11:48 pm in reply to: 16×9 footage and canvas window

    If you want to edit the footage as anamorphic then you should be shooting in “Squeeze” mode. I would never shoot in letterbox, never, all it is doing is blocking the top and bottom which can be done easily in post but cannot be undone.

    Not the squeeze mode is actually doing an enlargement in camera from the 4:3 image. but it does a fairly good job and is better than doing within FCP. The best way to do it is with the anamorphic lens. But that has its own issues. (this is all from memory, been a while since I used the DVX).

    Edit as you shot, shoot as you want to edit.

Page 133 of 391

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy