Forum Replies Created

Page 130 of 391
  • Michael Sacci

    June 19, 2010 at 5:05 am in reply to: DSLR Training Recommendations

    [Danny Grizzle] “all training is dated the day after release”

    totally not true, good theory last a lifetime. specs change, some of the buttons change but 90% or the info is usable.

    I would add From Still to Motion as a steal. Written in part by Richard and Robbie that you find on the cow. It is about $40 on amazon.

  • Michael Sacci

    June 19, 2010 at 5:00 am in reply to: IS or no IS

    Make sure you take your own cards, that way you can shoot some footage and bring it back to place and look at it.

    I don’t know what Log and Transfer does to my footage but it always looks shaker after I bring it into a computer then it did when I was shooting it.

  • Don’t get to bogged down, in compressor there are ProRes for Progressive that you start with.
    Apple>Other Workflows>Apple Codecs>

    Make sure in the geometry tab the Dimensions (encoded pixel) is set to 1920×1080 instead of “source”

    That will expand the 1440 to full raster. As always do a short test to make sure they are what you need and both match.

    And second Mike, did you call me Rick?

    How many Mikes does it take to encode a video?

  • Michael Sacci

    June 18, 2010 at 10:06 pm in reply to: Simple ISO question for 7D

    [Norman Pogson] ”
    No you can’t select the iso in Tv, Av & P. As previously stated P is full auto so you can’t influence the outcome or see the iso.”

    Are you talking about movie mode or still?

  • Michael Sacci

    June 18, 2010 at 6:22 pm in reply to: FCP HD footage not HD?

    HD does not mean automatic high quality, it is only referring to the resolution, you are shooting HD 720p but the image quality depends on a lot of things and is never automatic.

    If you are ripping DVD you are never looking at HD footage, displaying it on an HD TV doesn’t make it HD.

    Panasonic’s are not grain free by any means, with proper lighting and exposure, sharp focus and the right settings the images can be beautiful.

    If you want post a few still grabs of your footage.

  • Michael Sacci

    June 18, 2010 at 5:16 pm in reply to: Simple ISO question for 7D

    I didn’t know you were asking about movie mode. I have the T2i which only has a manual or auto mode for movies but I was wrong about the ISO anyway in P mode, it is the Sports, portrait type modes that are locked into auto ISO. I’ totally confused today, I keep thinking it is Saturday. I have issues.

  • Michael Sacci

    June 18, 2010 at 5:06 pm in reply to: Video with bigger L glass?

    As long as it is on a tripod, a good tripod you will be fine, will look great.

    The problem with long lenses and video is to get sharp images you need to shoot faster frame rates which you normally cannot in video. So for stills if you have a 300mm lens you would normally not handhold it under 1/320. IS helps a bit with that but no way to get sharp images with a 200 or 300mm at 1/50. Well, unless you are a human statue.

  • Michael Sacci

    June 18, 2010 at 5:01 pm in reply to: Simple ISO question for 7D

    You can also change it is Tv and Av modes, P = totally auto. other modes are directed auto.

  • 1440x is a thin raster, it is expanded on playback. To fix this you would need to convert it with compressor to full raster.

    There are 3 things that must match, Resolution, frame rate and codec. So when you do the resolution make sure you are matching the codec also.

    I don’t know about the cameras, but I did a quick check and the specs for the 10 said it did 1920x.

    All that being said, matching cameras for multicam shoots is a much better, cleaner way to go.

  • I just got the digistor, which uses Panasonic drives, they are small and bus powered so they travel nicely. They are reasonable priced.
    https://www.digistor.com/Products/Blu-ray-Burner
    They are only 6x drives but at this time that is all the media will handle anyway, at least the media I get.

    Also if you have the new FCS (3) (2009) with Compressor 3.5 you can make BluRay disc. They are simple DVD like menus but your footage is HD and plays on most BluRay players.

Page 130 of 391

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy