Michael Sacci
Forum Replies Created
-
[Terry Mikkelsen] “Though I’ve never used the Finder to burn my disc, so I don’t know if that makes a difference. I use Toast.) “
But burning with the Finder is what this thread is about. I have no problem with Toast but that is different from burning with the finder.
And no matter how you look at it your way is an extra step, if you like it fine, not trying to get you off of it but it is an extra step that is not needed. If I want to proof a DVD I just do the build, why do I need that in an img file? That is an extra step. Then if I need to Format and there are no changes DVDSP uses that Build folder and no extra time is spent. If I do want to use Toast to burn the DVD once again I use the Build folder.
And as I read the Anna’s probably is that she is not getting through the burn process. It is hanging on Verify, which for me means the burn has taken place and the computer is checking the burn.
I’m just trying to give her the easiest way to get her job done.
-
This get hashed out weekly. It is all on the board. No computer becomes obsolete in a year if does what you need it to. Desktop will always be better and more flexible. You have more storage options for speed and redundancy, that is the #1 benefit of a MacPro, along with speed of rendering and encoding. So unless you give details of your budget and workflow we can all just guess at what you need.
-
Sorry there no way a 3 step process is faster than a 2 step process. Plus DVDSP does not have to build the project every time in order to make a disc. The Format will use just the previous build that is on the hard drive. Plus the fact that you are burning at a fast speed within DVDSP it is really the faster process.
.img files have always been problematic, not to say they don’t work but they can be source of issues. If you are ftp’ing files it is better to write a DDP 2.0 file (Zipped). Same as when send the file on a hard drive.
But hey to each there know.
Anna – also the 90 min preset is a waste of time and can cause playback issue. If your movie is under 90 minutes change the encoding to CBR instead of VBR. Bitrate set at 6.3Mbps. Audio needs to be ac3 @ .192 Mbps for stereo. There are a lot of things that make disc not very compatible but burning with the finder never helps. It may not hurt but it never helps.
Also what do you mean – “Quick time so i’m trying to export the mpeg to on single video stream from DVD studio pro hope full this will work ” DVDSP doesn’t export streams. There is a program called Mpeg Append and it will properly stitch 2 or more m2v files together and give you a valid single file.
-
Not to sound like a smart ass but things stop working because they brake, things go bad, there doesn’t have to be a reason for things going bad. If you are testing the same mic that needs phatom power and it works on Mic 1 but not on Mic 2, then you need to have the camera serviced. Make sure the Mic 2 is set to Mic and not Line on the front switch. Also test sending Mic 2 to both Ch 1 and 2.
-
I’m not a big fan of some of the stuff on Ken Stone’s site with regards to DVDSP. That process is just crazy. DO the Build and Format to a DIsc, DVDSP can burn the disc just fine, burn at slower speeds is not necessary these days. Just buy top end media that is rated for 8x and but done with it.
It is never a good idea to string m2v videos in the same title set, it should always be encoded as a single video.
You also have not posted process of creating the m2v files, what audio codec you are using (should be ac3) and the bitrate of the video.
-
Michael Sacci
July 7, 2010 at 6:21 am in reply to: several problems delted .THM files, frame rates and miniDV in 7D sequence[Samuel Waldron] “shutter speeds together”
That makes zero difference with editing, do you mean something else than shutter speed?If you are on a Mac you can use Compressor or Mpeg Streamclip to convert the files to ProRes.
You don’t say what software you are using but I will give the FCP answer. You need to convert everything to one frame rate for smooth editing. FCP really needs the same codec, frame resolution and frame rate. Anything that differs from the sequence setting will cause you to have to render at every step and most of the time quality suffers.
[Samuel Waldron] “Finally, I am also using footage shot on miniDV tapes. When using two types of out (digital and miniDV) I am preempting FCP telling me that I my setting are wrong. This would occur when I drag and drop either file into a sequence with the other file already placed in the sequence. “ No idea what you are asking here.
-
could be a bad disc, a scratched disc or a bad drive. Do you have another computer to test out the disc.
-
How is the hard drive that you are building the project formatted. These are not normal issues
In your first post how exactly are you formatting the disc. There is no verification in dvdsp.
-
The video that is captured would not be gone. You just need to look in your scratch disc folder. So any footage should still be there.
FCP has an auto save (but I’m not sure that works when you are capturing. You can check the autosave folders.
You are crazy to reuse tapes. What happens if a drive goes down? If the material has any importance you need to keep the tapes.
-
[Danny Baron] “It should have been 640X480”
Are you sure, is that what your clips are. Video is 720×480 and then it is converted to 640×480 for computer playback (square).
If you use your new sequence and select all the clips in your old seq. Paste them into the new. Then select all of the clips in the new seq. and remove attributes Distort and Scale. This should get you back to where you want to be. But once again why 640×480?