Forum Replies Created

Page 194 of 428
  • Michael Phillips

    October 14, 2013 at 12:47 pm in reply to: Scaling video

    Perhaps a typo? Scaling SD footage in an SD project will have noticeable artifacts at some point depending on percentage of scale. This holds true for any NLE. If you meant to type HD in an SD project where the extra resolution pixels can be used as an extraction, then FrameFlex in v7 is what you’re looking for.

    Michael

  • Does the audio master clip already have an AuxTC value applied?

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    October 12, 2013 at 9:44 pm in reply to: Syncing in Resolve cutting in AVID

    Resolve is getting better and better, but there are still some metadata fields that can be better such as original BWF filename, Also, if there is manual sync for correction or otherwise, I have not seen that timecode added to the ALE file. So a conform back to the original files will be difficult at best. I will be looking at the latest Resolve beta public release to see if there have been any improvements in that area.

    When using Resolve for dailies, I do picture only and import/sync in Media Composer with more control over MI and ISO tracks and it get all the metadata for conform.

    As far as groups, matchframe and such, is the proper REEL ID being extracted and passed along to the dailies? This will be in the TAPE column once in Media Composer.

    Michael

  • Well to start, as a freelance editor in an open market, it behooves you to learn more than one NLE. And by your own research have indicated FCP7 and Avid Media Composer. So now you know direction. Secondly, Media Composer is not “thousands”. Full retail for latest version of Media Composer is $995. As a student, you can get the very same version for $295 and includes 4 years of upgrades.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    October 11, 2013 at 9:41 pm in reply to: sony XAVC problem

    Try a 720p/50 project in Resolve. I have done 1080/59.94 that way from Canon cameras.

    Michael

  • It’s certainly done to correct for edge violations and such, bit as mentioned, depending on convergence, you would need to control that. I haven’t used FCP or FCPx for stereo 3D editing, but in other tools and perhaps the plug-in, the convergence may be properly controlled and applied to both eyes.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    October 10, 2013 at 12:26 pm in reply to: timeline start point is not locked

    No you cannot – long time feature request to have a hard “start” be it for program (First frame of picture) or of the timeline as it can differ based on deliverables.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    October 10, 2013 at 11:48 am in reply to: sony XAVC problem

    I tried that with the MXF AMA plug-in and it did not work for me.

    Michael

  • Undo/redo is mostly for editorial actions,although I thought it “might” have done text editing undo/redo. But it definitely does not undo deletions. You need to open the attic and find the last version of the bin and retrieve it from there.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    October 9, 2013 at 9:39 pm in reply to: sony XAVC problem

    I tried importing a single MXF wrapped XAVC file into Sony Content Browser, and while that part worked, I could not export it as anything useful. I was able to the open the files in Resolve Lite and export from there to MXF/DNxHD of my choice with no problems.

    Michael

Page 194 of 428

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy