Forum Replies Created

Page 195 of 428
  • Michael Phillips

    October 8, 2013 at 11:22 pm in reply to: Duplicate a clip in the TL

    I agree that’s how it should work which follows the logic of source to record monitor anyway –

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    October 8, 2013 at 6:50 pm in reply to: exporting to youtube

    Here are the recommended settings from the YouTube Help:
    https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

    I would suggest encoding in an app like Sorenson (comes with your Media Composer and most likely has a preset for it) or any other encoding application. From Media Composer, I would trancode everything to DNxHD, then export as a QT reference. I have also done video and audio mixdown to DNxHD or ProRes and exported “same as source” to encode from there in these apps. And on OS X I have also taken these “same as source” and used FCPX direct export to YouTube.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    October 8, 2013 at 4:14 pm in reply to: Duplicate a clip in the TL

    Thanks Richard on the lesson – good to know.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    October 8, 2013 at 4:14 pm in reply to: Green Dot in Timeline?

    With version 7.0, the green dot can mean several things and it is not obvious as to which one it is. I wonder why this couldn’t be differentiated, but it is what it is until they change it..

    1. Frame rate mismatch
    2. Spatial adapter (FrameFlex) or clip is not same raster/resolution as project/timeline.
    3. LUT or source color transform is applied.

    A transcode with “compatibility mode” checked will bake all that in, convert the frame rate so that the clip will be as though it were native to that project type.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    October 8, 2013 at 4:10 pm in reply to: Duplicate a clip in the TL

    When I do it, it will insert into the blue bar position. Unfortunately it does not observe active tracks and use that for the paste, not have I noticed a method by which to choose overwrite or insert as part of the past process. There may be one, just not aware of it. I will play a bit more with it. But certainly an option-drag based on red or yellow arrow would be preferable. Source Track and Target Track if different might be interesting in this scenario. What does FCP do?

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    October 8, 2013 at 3:47 pm in reply to: Duplicate a clip in the TL

    Mark IN-OUT
    Copy
    Move blue bar or Mark IN to new position
    Paste

    This will be an insert edit.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    October 7, 2013 at 6:59 pm in reply to: Renaming audio tracks in mass

    None that I know of. A feature request for the backlog. And while they’re at it, when importing a BWF file that does have metadata for the track, to use that as an option since it’s already been logged.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    October 7, 2013 at 1:18 pm in reply to: AVID Media Composer 7 vs Adobe Premier Pro CS6

    I would also consider Apple FCPx (I think you’re on a Mac right?) for doing such videos. If you go to the apple store you will see some DVD authoring programs – I cannot vouch for any of them. I have always used Adobe Encore for DVD myself as I work on Mac and Win and liked the cross platform availability so there was no relearning.

    I agree with Shane that for the type of video production you are looking to do, Premiere Pro would probably be the better choice. While Media Composer can mostly do the job, it can be more limiting in the areas where you may want to deal with such as effects, layers, types of plug-ins, etc.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    October 6, 2013 at 3:31 pm in reply to: AERIALS at 60FPS tips

    If a 2.5x slomo is not what you wanted, then you will either have to shoot a different rate such as 48fps for a 2x slomo, etc. or manipulate the speed with a motion effect in Media Composer.

    Take a look at some of the settings such as progressive/interlace as it can change the overall look and frame rate adjustment you are doing. I did a quick blog on it here: https://24p.com/wordpress/?p=70
    You will want to play with Field Motion settings to see what it looks like – also a lesson I learned in the process is when frame stepping/field stepping through a clip, make sure your timeline is set to green/green mode as you will be missing 1/2 the information when looking at it (not when rendering or transcoding).

    Also, when you say you are opening the sources in a 60fps project, there is only one that does that; a 720p/59.94 project. 1080i/59.94 is a 29.97fps project that is interlace so a different motion adapter will be tagged on the source clip when opening it in a 23.976p project.

    The green dot goes away if you’ve done a transcode in the current project as it will bake in whatever fame rate and such into the clip resulting in what is now considered a native 23.976 clip. Try opening the original clip from the “60fps” project again to see if the green dot reappears.

    Michael

  • When it stops, what clip is it on? If you load that source clip does it play all the way through?

    Michael

Page 195 of 428

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy