Forum Replies Created

Page 290 of 360
  • Kevin Monahan

    February 14, 2006 at 10:52 pm in reply to: external monitor

    Make sure your Canvas is always in “Fit To Window” or smaller in the Canvas’ Zoom Pop Up menu. If you have scroll bars, you are too far zoomed in and won’t have decent playback.

    Kevin Monahan
    Take My FCP Master’s Seminar!
    fcpworld.com

  • Kevin Monahan

    February 14, 2006 at 10:51 pm in reply to: timecode in to uvw-1800

    Steve,
    Tom is correct. FCP does not output TC through RS-422. There is no way to do this, you have to backtime your show elements (I come in at 58:30:00) and then do an Edit To Tape with a preblacked tape in Assemble mode. Your starting TC will now match sequence TC. This is how I have always done it in the Avid as well.

    Kevin Monahan
    Take My FCP Master’s Seminar!
    fcpworld.com

  • Kevin Monahan

    February 14, 2006 at 10:42 pm in reply to: Care to Speculate on Release of FCP?

    BTW, If you were going to start a business for profit, you cannot legally use the educational version. As far as speculation goes, you can usually guess that something will probably happen at NAB – but no one knows for sure except Apple.

    Kevin Monahan
    Take My FCP Master’s Seminar!
    fcpworld.com

  • [Eric Susch] “It’s been a fast uphill climb for FCP to add all the features and be competitive with other professional systems.”

    That’s why this behavior is exactly as in most other NLEs. FCP’s development is definitely influenced by Avid. This is one thing that doesn’t need changing. I wouldn’t mind the CMD OPT Click on the edit point operation though.

    “[Kevin Monahan] “if you wanted to use the playhead to mark out you OPT + CMD + Click the edit point.””

    [Eric Susch] “This doesn’t seem to work for me. Nothing happens when I try this combination in a timeline. What am I doing wrong? You mean mouse click the timeline cursor right?”

    This is on the Avid, not FCP. In my old manuals, I could not find a way to alter the behavior of the playhead as someone else suggested.

  • Kevin Monahan

    February 13, 2006 at 12:52 am in reply to: Will FCP,Motion, LiveType, run on a mini?

    Probably, but not that well. Go for an iMac at the very least.

  • I’d say leave it like it is as Tom mentions some frightening scenarios with frame calculation.
    BTW, I looked around in my old Avid manuals and could not find the section for making the playhead on mark out mark the last frame. Was it in the 201 class?

    The only thing I could find was that if you wanted to use the playhead to mark out you OPT + CMD + Click the edit point. That seems to be a good compromise. I know recall doing this quite a bit.

    Kevin Monahan
    Take My FCP Master’s Seminar!
    fcpworld.com

  • Kevin Monahan

    February 12, 2006 at 11:01 pm in reply to: lets play who do you know..jerry hoffman?

    Yeah. But that picture doesn’t look like Jerry. He’s a much better lookin’ dude in person. Jerry and Walter are two guys you just “won’t get” until you meet them. Like, I never pictured Walter with a southern accent. Once you meet him though, it totally makes sense.

    Come to NAB and say hello!

    Kevin Monahan
    Take My FCP Master’s Seminar!
    fcpworld.com

  • Kevin Monahan

    February 12, 2006 at 10:59 pm in reply to: lets play who do you know..bogiesan

    Ah! Bogie SAN. So desu ne! Thought that had to do with some Japanese experience.
    I myself am a total Japanophile. Been there like 10 times. Good place for visual over stimulation.

    Kevin Monahan
    Take My FCP Master’s Seminar!
    fcpworld.com

  • Kevin Monahan

    February 12, 2006 at 10:53 pm in reply to: External Firewire/Wiebertech question

    I tend to agree with Walter. Many people do not know how to care for their external drives – such as failing to unmount them before shutting down, failing to reinitialize EVER, never running Disk Warrior, etc. I’m sure this is at the root of the bad rep La Cie has been getting lately.

    Unfortunately, not everyone can be professionally trained, where they ingrain this stuff into your head.

    Kevin Monahan
    Take My FCP Master’s Seminar!
    fcpworld.com

  • Kevin Monahan

    February 12, 2006 at 10:51 pm in reply to: Extreme Sluggishness on FCP 4.0

    4.0 was a pretty buggy version. You need to be at 4.1.1

    As John says, if your project file size is too large, you need to start trimming it down.
    If you captured your clips as entire rolls, this also can be a problem. FCP likes clips to be short and discrete. It behaves much snappier with small media files, rather than having to search for media over huge media files.

    Kevin Monahan
    Take My FCP Master’s Seminar!
    fcpworld.com

Page 290 of 360

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy