Joseph W. bourke
Forum Replies Created
-
Joseph W. bourke
December 15, 2011 at 2:58 am in reply to: Adobe Media Encoder Won’t Import ProRes HQ QuicktimesHere’s an explanation which will hopefully help out:
https://blogs.adobe.com/VideoRoad/2011/08/a-prores-workflow-end-to-end.html
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
December 14, 2011 at 6:48 pm in reply to: Test render from AE to Prem Pro for iPad appsHi Jim –
I generally render my “master” version from either AE or PPro at the highest resolution, just to future proof it (1920 x 1080), then I encode using Adobe Media Encoder.
If you are working at the final resolution you need for the IPad, you could still output a master uncompressed and use Media Encoder. I deliver my 1920 x 1080 files for Ipad at 640 x 360 in H.264 codec. Here’s a pretty good rundown for encoding for the IPad:
https://www.ipadintouch.com/the-complete-guide-to-ipad-video-format/
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
December 14, 2011 at 2:54 pm in reply to: Pivot point is not in middle any more / rendering starts whole time overAfter Effects text defaults to having the pivot point on the left. To change that, you can go into the Paragraph settings and click on the icon which shows centered text. This will put your pivot point in the middle. I don’t know if it will maintain that setting when you create a new text box, but you might be able to go into the preferences file and change it.
One question about the rendering – are you using the “render to RAM” feature, or just hitting the spacebar. The render to RAM can be done by hitting the zero key on your number pad. This will render your workspace (or as much as your RAM permits)to RAM, and you will be able to play it over and over without re-rendering.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
As far as I know, Premiere Pro rasterizes vector files (such as those from Illustrator)to the size it was created at. That would say to me that if you create your files in Illustrator at a higher resolution, when you bring them into PPro, they might hold up better.
You might also do these expanded text animations in After Effects with Continuous Rasterize turned on, then import them to PPro (or use dynamic link). This will keep them squeeky clean.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
December 14, 2011 at 2:13 pm in reply to: Can I record a second track while listening to the first in Soundbooth CS5?I believe that this is only a feature of Audition, not Soundbooth. Soundbooth was made for ease of use for those not necessarily into the pro DAW world. Editors, motion graphic artists, those wanting a pretty robust feature set without the learning curve of a true DAW. Audition has replaced Soundbooth as of CS5.5, so that’s a good thing for those upgrading. It may not help you out if you’re not on the upgrade trail.
Here’s a post from Adobe – near the bottom it’s clarified:
https://blogs.adobe.com/insidesound/2010/03/recording_in_windows_7_with_au.html
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
I think this is a point where you need to learn Expressions. It might be as simple as pick-whipping the position of iPad reflection to its’ hero version, while reversing the position in space. This will not give you true reflection, because (of course) angle of incidence equals angle of reflection.
My guess is that you want something that looks right, not necessarily real. I think if you read up just a bit on expressions, you could pretty quickly put one together that does the trick. Here’s a good place to start:
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Michael is correct. Of course, even in the 3D world, you still have to have two graphics, one for each side, then map them to the planes for front and back.
I know that there’s an expression that will make the object facing the camera invisible once it turns away from the camera, but that’s sort of complicating the process. If you want more detail on Michael’s solution, look here:
https://www.creativemac.com/2004/02_feb/tutorials/inthecards.htm
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
December 7, 2011 at 1:20 am in reply to: Convert normal rate video to Time Lapse lookAnd beyond Dave’s suggestion, if Posterize Time isn’t smooth enough, 3rd party plugins such as Twixtor and Kronos by The Foundry can do some amazing frame rate slowdowns which compare pretty favorably to high-speed cameras.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
I do not work in C4D, but in 3DS Max. I always output my NTSC renders at 60fps, then bring them into After Effects at 30fps. You might want to try outputting your C4D render at 50fps – it should smooth things out considerably. Also consider adding a tiny bit of blur (or motion blur). 3D elements are notorious for looking too sharp when they’re composited.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Let me preface this by saying that I’m a PC user, having worked on A/B roll analog (1 inch) systems, CMX, Edit*, AVID, and now Premiere Pro CS5, which I’ve been working with for several years.
While it was very interesting to see the “old” promo, and why FCP Studio became the juggernaut it is, I have to say that I liked a lot of the features I saw in the FCPX promo. For short form stuff like commercials, promos, and broadcast pieces, not to mention news packages, I could see this version speeding up the process immensely.
I’ve followed this forum out of interest, not need, so I’m aware of the many shortcomings of FCPX, but it looks to me as if FCPX could, or should, be just another tool in the arsenal of capabilities, depending on the project. It’s not a heavy-hitter, but for the price, it’s an inexpensive tool.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com