Joseph W. bourke
Forum Replies Created
-
Michael –
You may laugh at this, which I did at first, but I’ve been getting high quality approvals to my clients via my YouTube Channel. I got sick of sending a small approval copy via Dropbox to the agency I was working for, then finding out that the final client approval couldn’t be made, because the “picture was too small”, or “it looks out of focus”, or “it’s jumpy on my machine”. Of course it looked bad, it was an approval copy…any higher quality wouldn’t play back on the client’s old gasping Pentium processor.
So…I put an approval copy up on a YouTube channel, set up so that it could only be viewed via a link which I sent out. This was important to the client, since there was proprietary information in the production. It worked like a charm! The quality was great, CGs were readable. Everyone was happy. A bit off topic, but good to know nonetheless.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
September 6, 2012 at 1:24 pm in reply to: Premiere Pro CS6 (6.0.2) update availableWow! Even better when I checked my updates – there are updates for Premiere Pro, Media Encoder, Photoshop (32 and 64-bit), and Speedgrade. You guys have been burning the midnight oil!
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Sure it’s offshore production. I do offshore production for clients in Africa and England, and points in-between. It just depends which shore you’re standing on, doesn’t it?
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
August 31, 2012 at 8:46 pm in reply to: Hints for working with Animated Characters?Where are the characters coming from? Are they layers in AE, or are they coming from a 3D package?
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
I do quite a bit of training video work, and my general style (not that it’s right or wrong – just a stylistic choice) is to use music for the open and intro, then ride the levels out for the actual teaching content.
If there are segments to the video, I will bring the music back in for the intro to each segment, then use the music once again for the outro and any credits there might be. My feeling is that with teaching materials, the music detracts from the content, unless of course it’s a high energy training video, teaching maybe skateboard technique, skiing, or something like that. The content is the star in a training video.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
In my opinion, the moment the camera is turned on and a subject is aware of that camera, there is a “writing” process going on. The angle at which the subject is shot, the lighting, or lack thereof, the way the questions are presented (when there’s interviewing going on), the different clothing the subject might choose to wear because they know they are going to be shot, all are tweaking the reality of the story, whether there is a voice-over, a script, a loose outline…whatever.
Whether the “writing” credit goes to the writer, the director, or someone else who helped create the structure and flow (the editor in some cases?), the creative process of making the piece “writes” the piece. I’m not going to go into who should get the credit, I’m just thinking out loud about the process.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Don –
I’m under the impression that there’s no such thing in Premiere Pro, short of using a plugin like ReelSmart Motion Blur:
https://www.revisionfx.com/products/rsmb/compatibility/
Sure, you could fake it, and that’s been discussed in the past, by using a Gaussian Blur and then animating the parameters, but that’s time consuming, and doesn’t really look like motion blur.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
August 20, 2012 at 11:56 pm in reply to: How do you do this effect for text? Drops down like a sign.It might even be one of the 3D text presets in After Effects – browse the thumbnails. But if not, you move the pivot point to the top of the text and then rotate the text into place, making additional keyframes which make the text “settle” the way a real swinging sign would.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
August 18, 2012 at 1:59 pm in reply to: How to animate words formed from smaller type?I think that Trapcode Particular can be of help in this. You can use letters as the particles, then have them form the shape of a text layer. Take a look on the Red Giant site for some tutorials:
https://www.redgiantsoftware.com
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
I would suggest the Red Giant plugins you mentioned. There’s the Magic Bullet Suite, Trapcode Effects Suite, and Effects Suite, which will help you out with a number of your needs:
https://www.redgiantsoftware.com/products/all/magic-bullet-suite/
They also have a lot of tutorials on the site to get you rolling, and to see whether they will indeed do the trick for you.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com