Forum Replies Created

Page 1789 of 1940
  • John Rofrano

    April 9, 2009 at 1:16 pm in reply to: Multi-Screens rendering as white screens

    Wow that’s strange. What format are you rendering to? Does it do this for other formats as well?

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    April 9, 2009 at 1:12 pm in reply to: Vegas Moive Studio 8 freezing

    > My master files are using DIVX 7 format and i have had past difficulties with that, but it seems to be now working.

    No it’s not working. Vegas does not work with DivX or XviD as source. It cases green blocks or black frames or any number of problems that have been well documented. Convert the DivX files to another format outside of Vegas and your problem should go away.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    April 9, 2009 at 1:04 pm in reply to: Sony Vegas 8.0c crashes on startup

    Sorry to hear that didn’t do it. The next thing I would try is turning down display hardware acceleration. Since it is hanging when creating windows, perhaps it’s a display driver issue? Right-click on the desktop and select Properties | Settings | Advanced | Troubleshoot and turn Hardware acceleration down. Also make sure you have the latest display drivers for your graphics card. Other than that, I can’t think of anything else it might be.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    April 9, 2009 at 12:58 pm in reply to: Rendering Long Projex

    > So, will reformatting to the max size gimme more of what I need here? And more importantly, should I copy my files currently there to another drive before I do so!

    Here is a knowledgebase article direct from Microsoft Help and Support:

    How to convert a FAT32 volume to an NTFS file system in Windows XP

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • > Firstly what do you mean by ‘~1049’ above?

    ‘~’ means approximately. 720 * 1.4568 = 1048.896. Since it’s impossible to have .896 of a pixel I rounded up to 1049.

    > Lets say I wanted a custom size what do I do then? Lets assume I want to fit within an approximate area of a web page how would i work that one out?

    You can render to any dimension you want but if it’s not a multiple of the original video size the video will be stretched. You might want to ensure that the space you leave on the web page maintains the aspect of the video.

    > I’m assuming I would have to start with a custom horizontal size, so lets say that’s 450 or something like that, how would I work out the verticle size?

    Once you have established the dimensions of your video in square pixels, the rest is just straight math:

    Your original video is 1049×576 so if you want the width to be 450 you would divide that by the original width of 1049 to get the percentage of reduction and multiply the vertical dimension by that.

    In other words:

    (new width / old width) * old height = new height

    or

    (450 / 1049) * 576 = (0.4289) * 576 = 247.0464

    So your new dimensions are 450×247 (see… it pays to stay awake in math class) 😉

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    April 8, 2009 at 7:30 pm in reply to: Sony Vegas 8.0c crashes on startup

    You might want to try uninstalling Nero 8. It creates hooks into several video codecs and is responsible for Boris RED not working with DV footage from Vegas if it’s installed. It’s worth a shot just to see if it helps.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    April 8, 2009 at 4:05 pm in reply to: HDV with NTSC Widescreen Output

    You are very welcome. Glad it all worked out for you.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    April 8, 2009 at 3:26 pm in reply to: Vegas Pro 8 Transitions

    > Is there a button to click on that says apply? It doesn’t seem that by just clicking the X to exit would be the way to apply the effect created.

    Yea, there is no apply. Once you drag a transition FX onto an overlap in the video it is applied. The window that pops up allows you to select a different preset or fine tune the preset you have dragged.

    > I have read the online information and other information and it seems very general and not a good starting point for me to understand.

    You might want to consider some basic training to get you up to speed very quickly. I work at VASST which is a company that creates training and software for Vegas and other applications. You might want to look at VASST Absolute Training for Vegas+DVD Beginner Bundle Volumes 1-3 (on sale here). It will give you a solid foundation in what everything does. I’m only suggesting this because most of the questions you are asking would be answered with video demonstrations on how to accomplish each task.

    Of course, continue to ask questions here. That’s why we’re here. 😉

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    April 8, 2009 at 1:12 am in reply to: sony vegas pro text

    The ProType Titler in Vegas Pro 8.0 can do all kinds of flying text.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    April 8, 2009 at 12:02 am in reply to: Rendering Out HD

    I’m not sure why you would blame Sony because some software isn’t smart enough to support the HDV standard. Canon makes HDV cameras too. Are they to blame as well? How about JVC, they have HDV cameras. Perhaps they are part of an evil plot?

    It’s a software problem, not a camera problem. HDV is a standard. Programmers should be smart enough to read a spec and support the standard.

    Sony has plenty of cameras that shoot 1920×1080. Rent one of those next time. It’s not a Sony problem.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

Page 1789 of 1940

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy