Forum Replies Created

Page 1785 of 1940
  • > Any other ideas of what settings in Vegas or my rig I should check?

    You can go into the troubleshooting tab in the video advanced properties and turn down hardware assist. If the problem stops, it’s definitely your video drivers. If not, it’s probably something else.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    April 18, 2009 at 10:01 pm in reply to: mpeg4 files to mpeg2 to go to DVD burning

    Yea, I didn’t mean to “correct” but rather to “elaborate” on some misconceptions that often, unfortunately, cause people to buy the wrong camera and then they find out that they can’t find an NLE that can edit the MP4 files their camera does generate. It’s a big problem and we’re seeing more and more people posting here that they can’t edit their camera’s video. So it’s important to look for the AVCHD logo when selecting an MP4 camera if you expect to edit the footage. Those $150 HD Sanyo cameras are really for the “shoot-n-view” crowd.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    April 18, 2009 at 10:53 am in reply to: mpeg4 files to mpeg2 to go to DVD burning

    Well… it depends on what codec the mpeg4 is using. Vegas doesn’t work well with DivX or Xvid so if it’s one of those you’ll need to convert it outside of Vegas to something Vegas can edit. Likewise for many of the cheap $150 “HD” cameras that companies like Sanyo are producing. Their mpeg4 files won’t play in Vegas either because they are non-standard.

    > AVCHD and MPG4 is the same.

    There is some truth to this but it’s like saying that SD DVD’s and Blu-ray are the same because they are both MPEG-2. AVCHD is a standard which is a “subset” of the MPEG4 spec which means that you can produce a lot of MPEG4 variants that are not AVCHD compliant. So there is a difference and this is why Vegas can load AVCHD files but not all MPEG4 files.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • > so basically, I have 1 audio file with the original singer singing and a second audio file with instrumental only. When I tried to render them into mpeg, avi etc, and when I play it and changing the channels, its still only plays one channel..

    So… which channel does it play? vocals or instruments? or is that not what you meant?

    If you want a stereo recording with vocals in one channel and instruments in the other, then make sure both files are set to mono on their respective tracks, and pan one hard left and the other hard right.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • > …is anyone running Vegas Pro 8.1 64bit on Vista 64bit without problems? If so, what brand of video card are you running?

    Yes, and I’m using an ASUS nVidia Geforce 8600GT SILENT/HTDP/256M. It has no fan, just heat pipes (I need a silent PC for doing tutorials).

    > I am going to try upgrading my video drivers because they are a bit old, maybe check for other driver updates too.

    That is always a good plan of action. This is just my personal experience, but ATI has some of the worst drivers I’ve ever had the displeasure to have used. I buy nothing but nVidia cards now and I can’t remember the last time I had any drivers problems.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • > How do I tell Architect that we’re making a Blue Ray disk?

    Choose File | New and change the Disc format to Blu-ray Disc. Alternately, for an existing project use File | Properties and change Disc format to Blu-ray Disc.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    April 16, 2009 at 3:04 am in reply to: Jerky Credit roll

    You have to play with the speed of the roll by making the event length shorter or longer. Since you are using 24p you don’t have as many frames to smooth things out as 60i.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    April 16, 2009 at 2:56 am in reply to: How do you play several video clips at once?

    Use Track Motion to resize each track and move it into the position you want. The Track Motion button can be found in the track header.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    April 15, 2009 at 6:12 pm in reply to: Vegas 8.1 / Vista 64 trial

    I don’t believe their is a trial of Vegas Pro 8.1. You can use the trial of Vegas Pro 8.0 to see if you like the program. Once you buy it, you can use the 64-bit version which is exactly the same as Vegas Pro 8.0b. (note: Vegas Pro 8.0c is the latest version so 8.0c is actually newer with more functionality than 8.1.)

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    April 15, 2009 at 4:04 am in reply to: Copying/Importing Issues

    > I can’t run the program for more than like… two seconds without a message popping up that tells me that the program has stopped responding/stopped working…

    Which program? Vegas or GSpot? Mike suggested that you use GSpot to see what codec these files are using. That is the key to solving your problem.

    > And also, about the copying part of my problem, I don’t understand why it won’t show up. Like, I’ve already been editing these particular clips. The only thing I did was render it so my previewer would stop lagging but the video part of the clip won’t show up at all if I try to copy and paste it onto a differnet track. Are these the same problems?

    Yes it could be. What format did you render to? Vegas can render to formats that it can’t edit so you must render to a format that Vegas can edit if you want to bring it back onto the timeline.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

Page 1785 of 1940

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy