Forum Replies Created

Page 166 of 413
  • John Pale

    July 4, 2011 at 3:16 pm in reply to: useful post on switching

    Aindreas,

    I don’t think I have read in any of your posts what capture card (if any) you might have.

    I have been testing out Premiere Pro, as well…and though I like much of it , there is a major bug that affects Blackmagic Decklink users. There is no audio in frame-by-frame scrubbing. As you might imagine, this makes editing based on dialog a real PIA the timeline. This is apparently a Blackmagic problem, and I have been in touch with their support team…they assure me that it’s being worked on. If you have a Blackmagic card, you may want to wait before diving in, though.

    I don’t believe this affects AJA or Matrox users, but I have no first hand knowledge. This bug only affects PPro, not FCP 7.

  • John Pale

    July 4, 2011 at 3:03 pm in reply to: ‘Lion’ Apple Mac OS X 10.7: Sneak Preview

    I have read the installer actually creates a mini emergency boot partition on your drive, from which you can reinstall the OS, if necessary. You can create a disc image of this partition on a DVD or USB drive, too. No copy protection.

  • John Pale

    July 2, 2011 at 8:05 pm in reply to: frame advance audio scrubbing with PP CS5.5?

    I wrote BMD support about it, and it sounded like it was the first they have heard of it.

    Hopefully, with the new influx of switchers from FCP, it will get prioritized. It basically makes editing with Premiere impossible for me.

  • John Pale

    June 30, 2011 at 5:00 pm in reply to: OMF and Automatic Duck

    Actually what you really should be asking for is AAF support, not OMF.

    Avid, the creator of OMF has moved on from it long ago. It is still included for legacy support on Avid and Pro Tools, but the preferred (and default) interchange format is AAF and has been for quite a few years.

  • John Pale

    June 29, 2011 at 9:40 pm in reply to: DVD Marker workaround

    You can set markers in the Compressor viewer or the DVDSP timeline.

    Not as covenant, but it works.

    You can also make a text file to import marker locations in DVD SP. It’s in the manual/help menu…not in front of a system now, or I would be more precise.

  • John Pale

    June 28, 2011 at 12:43 am in reply to: XML import to Premiere from FCP

    Export your speed change clips from FCP as self contained Quicktimes, with the speed changes “baked in”.
    Replace as needed.

    You didn’t think this would be totally seamless, did you?
    🙂

  • John Pale

    June 27, 2011 at 4:26 pm in reply to: frame advance audio scrubbing with PP CS5.5?

    Responded to your post in the PPro forum.

    Having the same scrubbing problem with Decklink Studio. monitoring via HDSDI video and analog audio.

    different hardware

    Mac Pro 2006 Quad 2.66
    Mac OSX 10.6.7
    10gb ram

    Premiere Pro 5.5
    Blackmagic 8.01

  • John Pale

    June 27, 2011 at 3:46 pm in reply to: Frame by Frame Scrubbing with Blackmagic Decklink?

    More info..

    Though I am having the same problem, I have different hardware.

    Mac Pro Quad 2.66 2006
    Monitoring a/v via HDSDI and analog audio
    Decklink studio card
    ATi radeon 4870 (mercury playback software only)

    no frame by frame scrub in timeline, only in the source viewer using adobe player.

  • John Pale

    June 27, 2011 at 2:50 pm in reply to: Frame by Frame Scrubbing with Blackmagic Decklink?

    Ha! same problem here with Decklink Studio.

    I’ve been chasing my tail over this one since yesterday. Reinstalling the drivers package and Googling for solutions.

    If I can’t get this one working, I guess I’ll have to scratch Premiere Pro off the list of FCP alternatives. (even if it is a BMD problem)

  • John Pale

    June 26, 2011 at 6:22 pm in reply to: Can Adobe believe its luck?

    [David Cherniack] “I use Matrox and AVCIntra when I need a space-efficient codec but the Mercury Playback Engine should treat them just like any other codec – add CUDA effects and play back in real time out HD-SDI.”

    Thank you. I couldn’t seem to find that type of info on Adobe’s site. Obviously may FCP users are looking at Adobe these days…but I have not seen this issue addressed.

Page 166 of 413

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy