Forum Replies Created

Page 164 of 413
  • John Pale

    July 7, 2011 at 7:08 pm in reply to: This is where X is going…the iPad

    I thought that too… But then I was playing with the iPad iMovie on a long plane ride last week. With just a bit more robustness, I could see really fleshing something useful out with proxy footage.

    Might be potential for a good companion program to review location footage and quick rough edits coming from this.

  • John Pale

    July 7, 2011 at 7:01 pm in reply to: This Is A Nightmare!

    The nightmare will really begin when the NLE you switch to (Avid/Adobe) start trying to steal from FCP X and begin badly grafting stuff onto it’s existing GUI.

    Case in point … The Smart Tool in avid MC5. , which is designed to allow Avid to imitate the behavior of the FCP7 and Adobe timeline. It’s irritating to many longtime Avid users (like myself) and doesn’t really make Avid seem any more FCP like to me (also a longtime FCP user).

  • John Pale

    July 6, 2011 at 10:28 pm in reply to: FCP 3-Way Color Corrector In Premier VIa XML

    I am no expert in PPro, but I just imported an XML into 5.5 and the color correction was screwed up.

    Your mileage may vary.

  • John Pale

    July 6, 2011 at 10:04 pm in reply to: FCP 3-Way Color Corrector In Premier VIa XML

    Unless you are also re-editing in Premiere, why bother with XML?

    Just export a QuickTime of your timeline (with your corrections “baked” in ) and import that into Adobe Media Encoder/Encore to do your Bluray authoring.

  • John Pale

    July 6, 2011 at 6:27 pm in reply to: Blackmagic beta driver

    What stuff?

    Media Express 3 is free, but only works with BMD cards.

    AJA has their own utility, but its pretty bare bones right now.

  • John Pale

    July 6, 2011 at 4:53 pm in reply to: Blackmagic beta driver

    I have it installed. I have a Decklink Studio card.

    There is no external monitoring for FCPX yet. Decklink does not currently have the extended desktop feature, as AJA does (this is how AJA hacked a ‘preview’ quality output for the Kona as a temp workaround)

    Media Express has been updated in a big way. The capture tool and edit to tape interface is actually better than in FCP 7. Very nicely designed. You can easily capture media (with some metadata support) and import the media into FCP X with metadata intact. You can edit to tape Quicktime movies exported from FCPX.

    There is some XML support. You can export bins from FCP 7 as XML. You can load the XML into Media Express for recapture and use in FCP X on another system that does not have FCP 7. This does not mean you can export an XML of a sequence for recapture, but its something of value.

  • John Pale

    July 6, 2011 at 12:58 pm in reply to: CS5.5 not outputting to External monitor.

    How will installing Avid help you? Avid does not work with the AJA Kona 3 at all?

  • John Pale

    July 6, 2011 at 12:42 am in reply to: Transcoding DNX145

    Why are you transcoding, may I ask.

    I have worked on large projects with XDCAM HD and SD and found it works decently native.

  • Yes. It is important not to do anything else on the computer while using L &T.

    The only time I have seen this happen is when trying to multitask.

    Just walk away from the keyboard.

  • John Pale

    July 5, 2011 at 11:22 pm in reply to: FCP imports my AE footage with wrong field dominance

    AE doesn’t set the flag properly. Just manually change it.

Page 164 of 413

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy