Forum Replies Created

Page 230 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    December 26, 2012 at 12:38 pm in reply to: 10 minute clip only importing the first 3 minutes?

    I’m wondering if your media cache is large enough for a 10 minute .avi?

    Media Cache info at the bottom of page.

    Recent discussion “Half of audio missing when importing .avi” that might have some relevant information.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 26, 2012 at 1:54 am in reply to: Holiday Salutations

    Happy Holidays to you to Tom, and to everyone at the Cow.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 25, 2012 at 4:09 pm in reply to: Making an asset a particle

    No problem, just glad I could help.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 25, 2012 at 4:07 pm in reply to: Shatter delay

    Glad I could help.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 20, 2012 at 7:27 pm in reply to: Basic Audio Question

    Always happy to help.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 20, 2012 at 1:26 pm in reply to: Ink Blot Text

    You know on that particular effect, it looks like they used a couple of track mattes to make the ink appear and disappear.

    The text looks like it was brought on with a simple mask circle mask around the text with the expansion parameter quickly keyframed and with the feather property turned up pretty high.

    Here are a couple of tutorials that you might find interesting in trying to create this effect:

    Beginner Level:Let Your Logo Bleed Through Like An Ink Spill

    Intermediate Level:Recreate the Sherlock Holmes End Credits Effect

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 20, 2012 at 1:14 pm in reply to: Basic Audio Question

    Press the “.” on the number keypad. The downside to this is when you stop, the CTI doesn’t move to where you stopped if you are trying to locate something. If you are trying to locate something, what I like to do is select my audio layer and press “*”(number keypad) and tap it where I need to place locators.

    After Effects Help /
    Previewing

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 20, 2012 at 1:10 pm in reply to: CC Light Burst Interfering With 3D Text Masking

    The .aep file didn’t come through. Just email it to me, johnnycuevas@netscape.net

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 20, 2012 at 5:49 am in reply to: Shatter Effect with text in the flying pieces

    Fist, about the custom shatter maps: Is it better to do the customs shatter pieces in After Effects (using different masks) or do it on Photoshop? Because I really enjoyed the standard shattering of AE, all I need to chance is the shape of the piece that will contain the logo.

    Doesn’t matter, the most important part is that you create the maps with different colors.

    Second, what should I do to make the logo “follow“ the shattered piece? just like the logo was written on this piece.

    You would build your logo and layer to be shattered in a precomp. Nest that in your final comp and apply shatter…IE Create the logo and layer to be shattered, select both layers and press “shift+cntl+c” this takes both layers and moves them into their own composition. Now take this mixed down layer and apply the shatter effect. If you need to make adjustments, you can just open up the precomp and move the logo around until you get the effect you need.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 19, 2012 at 2:20 pm in reply to: What does the triangle symbol in Info panel mean?

    Can you post a screen grab, not seeing a triangle symbol, but the info panel does update depending on what you are doing.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 230 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy