Forum Replies Created

Page 229 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    December 30, 2012 at 2:18 pm in reply to: How to make it without Freeform by Digieffects…?

    Check out this tutorial from Mathew Fuller, Ted took Fuller’s original idea and expanded upon it by using Freeform.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 30, 2012 at 2:15 pm in reply to: Audio Keyframe problem.

    How are you attempting to view the keyframes and where are you looking? Even is you don’t have audio, you should be getting some keyframes.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 30, 2012 at 4:33 am in reply to: Movie Theater Effect

    Glad I could help.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 29, 2012 at 6:06 pm in reply to: Scaling down large graphic-Stuttering playback

    You may want to read this:

    FAQ: Why is my output file huge, and why doesn’t it play back smoothly in a media player?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 28, 2012 at 2:20 pm in reply to: Movie Theater Effect

    Here’s one recipe(this effect could be accomplished a lot of different ways, put add adjustment layer over you footage and add a levels effect that simulates the brightness of the screen. Change the adjustment layers transfer mode(I used Luminosity). Lastly add a wiggle effect to the adjustment layers opacity.

    wiggle(4,45)

    I used your picture and before I started I really brought down the initial brightness using a curves effect. Here’s a quick example project to look at, if it helps:
    5131_theatrecs5.5.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 27, 2012 at 12:50 pm in reply to: Morphing clothes vfx

    In the second video it’s done by locking down the camera. The actor moves his arm without the coat on and then does a second take with the coat. The key is that his location, eyeline, and arm movement must be as exact as possible.

    Finally in post he composites the shots together with using a simple mask.

    For youtube videos, if you go to keepvid.com, you can download high res versions of the video, drag them into AE and watch them frame by frame—I find it very handy when trying to break down shots.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • There may be some students here, but mainly this is a professional forum, so you might not find many people who have done graduate projects(at least not very recently–mine was in 1996, shot on SVHS!).

    If you can provide details for your project though, most people here will help you try and figure out the best approach to achieve it.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 27, 2012 at 1:52 am in reply to: Old factory – clean plate and composite

    I still haven’t found a client I need to buy this for yet.

    I’ve watched a few of the element tutorials and I think you can apply some ambient occlusion to the elements. That would sell the bucket being on the ground more. Nice job on the tracking though. I like the camera shake at the end too.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • no problem, glad I could help

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 26, 2012 at 7:24 pm in reply to: Speeding up editing process

    The biggest difference maker in speeding up render times is more RAM. There are a few threads on the main AE forum about rendering and computer specs. I’m not at all familiar with Macs, so there isn’t much more I can offer.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 229 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy