Forum Replies Created

Page 138 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    November 22, 2013 at 4:55 pm in reply to: Scaling a previous made comp from 720p to 1080p

    If there aren’t any assets(jpegs,video) that are 720, then try this script. Recursive Scale

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 22, 2013 at 4:35 pm in reply to: Creating a Magic switch style effect

    You’ve covered the basics ways of doing this, if you are doing this on the cheap I’d do a combination of 2 and 3. Slight hand movement–separate the face and hand and a puff of smoke/lens flare…

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • What particle system are you using? How have you set up the custom particles?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 22, 2013 at 12:51 pm in reply to: Where in render stack should you use USM?

    Without knowing the effects you added to a layer it’s pretty hard to say where you should place an unsharp mask. If I needed one, I’d probably place it first before glows/vignettes/color correction.

    The order really won’t change your render time, so experiment with it’s placement in the stack and see if it looks better in one place more than others.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 22, 2013 at 2:28 am in reply to: Where in render stack should you use USM?

    USM?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • This isn’t the Premiere forum, but split your clip in two. Use a black and white part effect and then just dissolve between the two clips.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 20, 2013 at 7:58 pm in reply to: Delay for CC Snowfall

    Todd, I think the problem he’s running into is that CC Snow starts full screen, there isn’t an emitter position for the effect. You can ramp up the amount of particles from 0 to 50000, and they fall, but they emit from they fade on the entire screen, not from above it.

    I’d try using CC Particle world and maybe one of the sphere particles or use a custom particle. You will have a lot more control and can move emit point off screen so the snow falls into the scene.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 20, 2013 at 3:54 pm in reply to: Masking a Hand

    First question, is there some really compelling reason why you can’t reshoot this? That will be the simplest, most cost effective and will give you the best looking result in adding a pen tool to the shot.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • I assume you are copying the “Edit Text 0#” by duplicating it in the timeline. that just makes a copy of your original, not another instance of it. You need to duplicate it in the project window(the first duplicate should rename itself 05) and drag that into the timeline. Step into that precomp and edit the text.

    If there are precomps within precomps, then this script will come in real handy: True Comp Duplicator Compatibility After Effects

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 19, 2013 at 6:23 pm in reply to: How can I control caching frames procedure?

    Green indicates the frames are locked into RAM preview, not cached to memory. You can clear your disc cache memory from the same location as disable, but I don’t know why your computer would be caching to RAM in areas where you restricted the work area.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 138 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy