Forum Replies Created

Page 139 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    November 19, 2013 at 3:10 pm in reply to: Comp size question

    If you are going deliver in 1080p, work in 1080p. You can always scale down/work at half resolution, render to smaller files. But scaling up can be a real hassle if it’s the last thing you do, particularly when you start working with a lot of layers and precomps nested inside precomps. There are scripts that do a good job with this, but it’s so easy for things to get missed, or unaligned.

    Your method is going to cost you more time than it will save in the long run.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 19, 2013 at 3:04 pm in reply to: CC Light Sweep on 3d Extruded Shape layer?

    Oooh, I like Walter’s method better, do that one.

    ***I always forget about the adjustment layer trick for lights, thanks for the reminder.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 19, 2013 at 12:28 pm in reply to: How can I control caching frames procedure?

    Go to Edit > Preferences > Media & Disk Cache and uncheck “Enable Disk Cache”

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 19, 2013 at 12:26 pm in reply to: CC Light Sweep on 3d Extruded Shape layer?

    If you have only one object in your scene you could the light sweep to an adjustment layer. Like so: 6811_lightsweep.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 19, 2013 at 3:01 am in reply to: Importing multiple folders into AE porject

    Use the import dialogue(cntl+i), select the folder you want to import and use the “Import Folder” button at the of import box.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 19, 2013 at 2:57 am in reply to: Techniques used for Breaking Bad intro

    The page/links Todd has put together will get you started on the right path. After you check that out(the videoCopilot one is a pretty quick start-up) if you have specific questions regarding that open, come back and ask.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 18, 2013 at 2:44 pm in reply to: Effect wiggle or something else?

    Check out this thread, some good responses. https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/1036527#1036529

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • If you create a 3D camera and move it, the text won’t be in front of the camera when you enable 3D, it’s position will be at 0,0,0. Try holding down shift and parenting the text to the camera, that will jump the layer to where the camera is, then you should be able to quickly adjust it into position.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 15, 2013 at 12:48 pm in reply to: Reveal effect

    I downloaded that and watched it frame by frame, and it’s some really great high level work. The text looks like it was all broken down into it’s component parts and turned into shape layers. Then each shape/letter was individually animated to build on the screen. Perhaps using some additional features like bloat, pucker….

    I did a google search for “Morph Text After Effects” and came across this tutorial that you might find helpful in getting a real basic idea behind some of the techniques from the video you posted. Morph Text From Regular to Bold – Adobe After Effects tutorial

    Try googling others, Morph Text or Shape.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 14, 2013 at 3:20 pm in reply to: How to seperate X,Y,Z Position ?

    Pretty sure the only way to separate position is to right click position and choose “separate”.

    Here is a thread about changing Shortcuts in AE, so that might be a route you may want to explore. Changing Keyboard Shortcuts in CS6

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 139 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy