Forum Replies Created

Page 137 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    November 25, 2013 at 4:46 pm in reply to: CS6 Project that needs to be converted to a CS5 format

    Looks like there’s an effect(CC Cross Blur-in the Lose DV Highlights comp) that will be missing-going from CS6 to 5, but it seems that most of the look is retained.

    6834_vhslookteaguechrystiecs5.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 25, 2013 at 2:41 am in reply to: copy path from illustrator into after effects?

    Create a solid first and paste to that.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 24, 2013 at 7:01 pm in reply to: iPAD masked animation driving me nuts!

    No problem, good luck with your project.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 24, 2013 at 3:42 pm in reply to: changing contents of precomp

    If you duplicated precomp 2, 36 times, you need to also need 36 duplicates of precomp 1 and replace each instance of precomp 1 with the new duplicate in the precomp 2 duplicates.

    So you have Precomp 2-1, should have Precomp1-1 in it.
    Precomp 2-2, Precomp 1-2
    Precomp 2-3, Precomp 1-3 and so on.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 24, 2013 at 3:33 pm in reply to: iPAD masked animation driving me nuts!

    This is one of those projects where for me to help, I’d need to see what’s happening. If it’s not a problem, can you upload the .aep file and I’ll take a look at what’s happening—no need for the assets, just need to see what’s happening with the keyframes(use the last icon in the reply dialogue). I’m on my home system, so it needs to be in a CS6 or earlier version.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 24, 2013 at 3:28 pm in reply to: Problem with particles

    I think you will find it easier to control your particles if you use a light as an emitter(first step). Turn the velocity of the particles to 0. That will get them to follow the line a lot more closely, you can also turn the velocity from motion to 0. Then to get the particles to fall to the floor, just open up the physics property and increase the gravity effecting the particles.

    Check out these tutorials on creating light streaks—you can modify the techniques for creating your line particles. Light Streaks

    Here’s a real simple project I made illustrating the line/gravity technique: 6832_particles.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 22, 2013 at 8:14 pm in reply to: Scaling a previous made comp from 720p to 1080p

    Me, I’d just open up particular and grab the emitter position and move it to where it needs to go.

    What happened is that the position of say 160,160 for 720 comp is different than it would be in a 1080 comp and that doesn’t update. I’m sure there is a mathematical way to re-position it so it would be in exact same spot, but that’s a little beyond me. If you absolutely need that though, ask in the expressions forum, Kevin or Dan could probably work something out for you.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 22, 2013 at 6:35 pm in reply to: Global Font replace

    Only way I know is to use textEdit.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 22, 2013 at 6:09 pm in reply to: Scaling a previous made comp from 720p to 1080p

    Do you press the continuous rasterization(looks like a sunburst) button for the logo, cause that should scale up without a problem.

    After Effects Help /
    Managing layers
    , more info can be found under “Collapse Transformations/Continuously Rasterize” and “Continuously rasterize a layer containing vector graphics”

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 22, 2013 at 4:55 pm in reply to: Scaling a previous made comp from 720p to 1080p

    If there aren’t any assets(jpegs,video) that are 720, then try this script. Recursive Scale

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 137 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy