Forum Replies Created

Page 136 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    December 2, 2013 at 3:45 am in reply to: After Effects 6 hours Countdown

    Why can’t you set your first countdown to start at 6 hours, how have you set it up?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 1, 2013 at 7:48 pm in reply to: After Effects 6 hours Countdown

    Make 2 and stitch them together in Premiere.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 30, 2013 at 3:14 pm in reply to: Awesome still photo animation short

    Great effects and final product. Reminded me a lot of Tudor “Ted” Jelescu’s work, here and here..

    Thanks for posting that.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 29, 2013 at 9:37 pm in reply to: Question about a text effect

    Can’t say this this is exactly how this was created but it looks to me like a combination of a compound blur and compound transition to create that effect. Both those effects are created by using other layers drive the blur and transition.

    I created a simple composition to make a similar effect using a precomp with fractal noise, add a circular feathered mask with the expansion parameter keyframed. I dropped this into a master caster with the text layer, added compound blur and compound transition and pointed them to the fractal noise precomp. Finally I messed with the parameters a bit to get the look closer. Take a look at my project, it should give you a pretty good starting point in recreating this effect to your satisfaction.

    6851_compoundblurtransition.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 29, 2013 at 5:22 pm in reply to: Create isobar lines

    I’d use the shape tool and add a repeater to it. Like this: 6850_shaperepeater.aep.zip

    Andrew Devis has a lot of Shape Tutorials, that will help you create/refine the look you are trying to achieve.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 29, 2013 at 5:18 pm in reply to: Better audio level meter?

    It seems to also have the standard -48 to 12 on the other side. I would advice, don’t do audio in AE. At most, I might bring in some audio to make sure I’m hitting the beat or word(kinetic typography), but it’s not an audio program, do expect it to have much in the way of audio controls.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 29, 2013 at 4:13 pm in reply to: morphing one complex shape to another

    Exactly what part is tripping you up, are you unhappy with the result, or is totally not working?

    Here’s a couple of tutorials on morphing using masks that cover most of what you need to know for this technique, check them out and if you have more specific questions, let us know:

    Morph Text From Regular to Bold – Adobe After Effects tutorial

    Using Pixel Motion to create morphs: Simple Morph

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 27, 2013 at 1:14 pm in reply to: Moving and object along a path

    Try creating a new comp-sized solid, draw your mask path on that layer and copy and paste it to your solid or shape. It should jump to the start of the mask.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 26, 2013 at 2:38 am in reply to: Batch Exporting Multiple Keyed clips

    Glad you found that script. The first place I checked when I read your question was AEScripts, but I overlooked that one…glad you got it worked out.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 25, 2013 at 9:14 pm in reply to: Batch Exporting Multiple Keyed clips

    Couldn’t you set up the 100’s of comps, select them all from the project window, press “shift+cntl+/” to load them into the render queue and then just use a couple of templates for your Render settings and output modules.

    If you click all the comps in the render queue(and have templates made), they will all be selected to start, so click your template for “Render Settings” and they all receive that template. Next go to the first comp, and click on the “Outlet Module” to highlight it(don’t open it). Scroll down and click “Outlet Module” to highlight that one, now select your template and all will receive the same output. Done

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 136 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy