Forum Replies Created

Page 123 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    January 31, 2014 at 5:36 pm in reply to: Reflection floor with a trapdoor issue

    I don’t know exactly what technique you used to create your reflection, you rare going to need to provide more information on exactly what you did to for people to know how correct the problem.

    Or you might want to check out this tutorial on creating reflections, it might help you out and get you pointed in the right direction. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfuVP7GL6o4

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

    Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

    This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

  • John Cuevas

    January 31, 2014 at 4:47 pm in reply to: How to create tinted/pale color look

    The vimeo link isn’t working for me.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 31, 2014 at 4:10 pm in reply to: Compass and Opacity

    Precomp the compass background and the needle, then change the opacity of the precomp. Like so: 7078_compassexample.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • Scaling up your comp size is why it’s aliasing. If you left your comp at 100% and scaled up the text to 400% it would be normal. When working at 48 pixels high, you don’t have much information, so if you are exporting and then scaling up the resulting animation, yes it will look like crap.

    I would see about contacting the client and making sure to double-check the dimensions, but they might be fine-I don’t know what playback they are using for those banners.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 30, 2014 at 1:24 pm in reply to: Stuttering frames, not fully rendering(?)

    What do you mean when you playback it stutters, how are you playing it back?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 29, 2014 at 9:16 pm in reply to: Quicktime not found

    I believe there are some issues with the new mac os, quicktime and AE. I believe the solution is to use QT7, but you might want to check around first.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • All of our machines have a unique name also. I don’t know of a way to to open an AAF file.

    Also, just occurred to me, but what type of file/media are you using? In the test I ran today, all my files were either imported or transcoded in the Avid, there wasn’t a single AMA clip in my timeline.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • I’ve had mixed results using AE/Avid AAF with Facillas. Recently on a project, we created AE project, used pro-import to do some color correction. When I went to re-open the project it would never see the footage, but if I imported the old project into a new one, it would find the footage every time.

    Today though it seems to be working fine. Here are my Avid Export settings, to a Facillas drive with the following settings.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 29, 2014 at 5:49 pm in reply to: Missing Frames in .TIF Sequence

    As far as the missing frames go and you want to skip them, check the “Force Alphabetical Order” box when importing.

    If it was me, though, I would see about jumping back into C4D and re-rendering out just the missing frames(just set the render range to what you need). Course whether that makes sense depends on your time constraints, the C4D project, how fast it renders…

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 29, 2014 at 3:07 pm in reply to: Glowing outlines flying toward camera

    I was thinking you could use the effect Generate > Stroke and place it in 3D to have the move toward the camera(though you would lose resolution) or better, use Trapcode Stroke. Check out this tutorial – Creating Super Tight Junk Mattes–that would give you the masks needed for the strokes.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 123 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy