Forum Replies Created

Page 122 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    February 6, 2014 at 3:00 pm in reply to: How to draw up fill in shape layer?

    That’s a long video with a ton of animation, can you give a specific time(and description if there are multiple animations occuring) of exactly which animation you are trying to recreate?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 6, 2014 at 2:58 pm in reply to: animating text like this video on After Effect

    Mostly, that’s a lot of planned animation of shape layers. Here’s a good tutorial that will show you the basic technique of what he’s doing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni24lqXRveU

    Also, if you are just getting started, I can’t suggest enough checking out: Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, & CC)

    Part of the link above has a link to the Andrew Devis tutorials, and he covers a lot of information on shape layers that will also help you create a project like that.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

    Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

    This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

  • John Cuevas

    February 6, 2014 at 2:52 pm in reply to: How to re-combine multiple layers?

    When you say split, what do you mean, did you “shift+D” to split the layer? If you did that, you can move the mouse over the layer end, grab it and extend it back out to it’s original length. Or you could press “alt+[” to move the head or “alt+]” the tail of the layer back out. But if it’s split it can’t be recombined with itself in the timeline.l.

    If that’s not what you are trying to accomplish, perhaps some screens shots and a more detailed explanation of what you did and want to do will help us diagnose the problem and come up with some suggestions.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 5, 2014 at 10:10 pm in reply to: White infinity curve background

    You’re welcome, glad I could help out.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 5, 2014 at 4:05 pm in reply to: 3D shapes rotation axis

    You need to adjust the anchor point which can be done mathematically, of by pressing “Y”, grabbing the anchor point and moving it. Not at AE right now, but I believe if you hold down “cntl” it will snap into position.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 4, 2014 at 12:54 pm in reply to: Mask won’t work

    Is the clip you want to mask, selected, did you accidentally lock the clip? Do you have any effects on the clip? Please post some screen grabs of your timeline and comp panel so we can better diagnose the problem.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 3, 2014 at 2:13 pm in reply to: Smoke/Ink

    There are a few ways of creating ink/smoke in AE, if you really want to go that route, using particle emitters. Red Giant has some free presets created by users for ink and smoke that you might be able to customize for your own use, they all would require trapcode particular though.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 2, 2014 at 12:55 pm in reply to: Smoke/Ink

    The effect itself doesn’t look very complicated, just executed & composited well. That’s stock footage of either ink or smoke. It was positioned and possibly masked so it appears as it came out of the object. The draining could be accomplished with a few keyframes and a masked solid.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 1, 2014 at 10:41 pm in reply to: Missing Frames in .TIF Sequence

    Always happy to help

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    February 1, 2014 at 2:48 pm in reply to: How to create tinted/pale color look

    It’s working for me now, can you point to a specific timecode where you are trying to emulate. Just from a quick look there isn’t anything color wise in that video you can’t do in AE. Most films/looks like that are all done in post.

    Red Giant has a product just for creating film looks in AE, Magic Bullet Looks

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 122 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy