Forum Replies Created

Page 124 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    January 29, 2014 at 1:54 pm in reply to: My Linear Wipes are not looking smooth

    It’s not necessarily better, just different. I initially used the mask because I thought you were trying to accomplish that differing opacity I saw in the video.

    Glad I was able to help out.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • take a screen grab and post here. Also if you want, you could upload the project+assets(last button above-must be a zipped file) and I’ll take a look and see if there is something strange.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 29, 2014 at 12:57 pm in reply to: Text integration in live action footage

    Ted has it, camera track and masks. I think you might want to check out Mocha Shapes, mocha could do the tracking and masking for you.

    Here’s another tutorial that goes into detail about what you are trying to do(technique wise, he creates the text in C4D), 3D Tracking, 3D Titles & Compositing Tutorial

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 28, 2014 at 8:17 pm in reply to: Last week’s project won’t open

    Have you tried creating a new project and importing the problem project into it, that works sometimes.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • Are you viewing your comp at 100%/Full Resolution?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 28, 2014 at 8:13 pm in reply to: My Linear Wipes are not looking smooth

    I played around with it some more. First when you creating a motion graphic/animation like this one, you want to create the graphic in a precomp, bring that into your final composition and then animate. The way you did it, you had to animate the line and the solid and that wasn’t necessary.

    So I brought the entire thing into a final composition, and just animated the mask. I added ease out & in, and really played with the curves so pretty it’s easing out as slow as possible and without much ease in at all. That’s about as close as I can get it.

    I’m just uploading the project file—my last upload has the assets I used: 7064_wipetransition.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 28, 2014 at 1:58 pm in reply to: Audio playback

    When you press the “.” in the number keypad, do you get audio?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • That could be done using per text animators. You would create your text, twirl open until you see the “Animate” fly-out and “Enable Per-character 3D”. Now create an animator for “Anchor Point” and move the anchor points Y value so that the anchor point is approximately in the center of the text. Change the Z anchor point to aproxemately 1/3 to 1/2 the text height. Name this Animator “Anchor Point”

    Deselect the Anchor Point Animator, Click on the “Animate” flyout and select “Rotation” and change the X rotation to -90.

    Now use the “Add” flyout and select “Opacity” and set it to 0

    Your video has the characters coming in with random letters, to do that “Add” a character offset and put in some random number.

    Now open up the “Range Selector”, open “Advanced” and change “Mode” to “Subtract”. Change “End” to 0% and set a keyframe, move forward in time and change “End” to 100%. Finally Change the “Randomize Order” to On.

    If you want your characters to rotate off, you would just need to duplicate “animator 2”, change the X rotation to 90 and reverse the end keyframes.

    Here’s a pretty simple project illustrating the techniques. 7055_percharacter3d.aep.zip

    Also Andrew Devis has created a bunch of tutorials on Text Animators, you should check them out: After Effects basics tutorials by Andrew Devis, they start at about halfway down the list.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 27, 2014 at 4:37 pm in reply to: Reverse engineer file or recreate from scratch?

    People might be able to help you if you provided a link to the intro and outro.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 27, 2014 at 3:10 pm in reply to: ae starters project

    f you want to increase your AE skills, I can’t recommend enough Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, & CC). There a ton of free resources that will get you started there.

    It true with everything, but doubly true with AE, you have to learn to walk before you can run, learn the basics, they are the building blocks to creating amazing motion graphics. Once you have a good understanding how the program works, check out the more advanced tutorials at the Creative Cow, AETuts and Video CoPilot.. That’s where you will see how to take those building blocks and really take everything to the next level.

    And if you ever have a problem, come back to the Cow and ask questions, you’ll always find a lot of help here.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 124 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy