Jerry Hofmann
Forum Replies Created
-
Jerry Hofmann
November 6, 2010 at 11:21 pm in reply to: Improving workflow (spending less time waiting for rendering)?Yeah, apply the filter to an exported portion of the original media file. Soothcam looks at the whole source media file, not just what you’re using.
Export only what you need, then import it and apply the filter. You’re working with tape? That means you could have an hour of a clip to render if the source is from the hour long capture.
If not, faster machines mean faster renders. CPU’s and GPU’s both matter. not ram or drive speed as much.
Jerry
Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann
DVD:https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup
8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays
-
How did you create this file?
Jerry
Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann
DVD:https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup
8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays
-
More than likely you’ll be happy. You’ll duplicate them, then open the dupes… Keep the originals always. if you dual boot your computer setup with another startup disk (even a FW drive will do) You can ALWAYS go back if you keep your current drive alone. I’ve a dvd that covers this subject here too if you’re really into learning setups.
You can clone the drive you’re using now, or build the new setup from a new drive. Internal is good.
Look at SuperDuper. Just google it.
If you make a clean setup all usually goes well. It’s important to do it. I can boot from 4 different startups on my own tower right now. You can have a lot of them actually. I partition 2 drives. I”ve a 10.5 setup with fcp, and a 10.6.4 setup. And a beta setup that’s a clean install… I’ve a cool pocket sized drive that is my computer too. If I go to a place that has a Mac, My fw drive IS my computer.
Jerry
Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann
DVD:https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup
8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays
-
Jerry Hofmann
November 6, 2010 at 7:38 pm in reply to: Outputing multiple languages simultaneously on DVD?That’s a great idea! I wonder why I didn’t think of it.. they’re doing it in the trucks for roll already at sporting events. (using Ki Pro, not the mini, as it has remote control capabilities.
Might need it’s big brother (Ki Pro) but that’s better video too! Will play ProRes in it’s sleep with 8 tracks of audio embedded. You can decode those separately with a converter I’d think.
Jerry
Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann
DVD:https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup
8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays
-
Use MPEG Streamclip to convert the DVD files to ProRes. Edit using that format… It’s a free download, just google it.
Jerry
Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann
DVD:https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup
8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays
-
Jerry Hofmann
November 6, 2010 at 7:19 pm in reply to: Outputing multiple languages simultaneously on DVD?mmmmmm…. Have you looked into professional DVD players for the playback? Maybe they can be setup to play in sync…
Thinking out loud: multitrack audio playback might be easier to do from a computer playback of a QT movie with several tracks? You’d just need a Kona Card for SDI output of 8 tracks…
Jerry
Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann
DVD:https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup
8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays
-
I assumed the OP was going to another station that has DVD SP… not his station. That self contained movie is what will transfer to the other station.
Jerry
Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann
DVD:https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup
8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays
-
Jerry Hofmann
November 6, 2010 at 7:01 pm in reply to: Outputing multiple languages simultaneously on DVD?Can’t you just make separate DVD’s for each language? I’d push for that workflow. They need 4 players and you’re done.
Jerry
Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann
DVD:https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup
8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays
-
You need to upgrade to FCS 7 to have a proper workflow. FCP 5 doesn’t include ProRes.. that’s what you need to transcode the DSLR footage to.
Jerry
Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann
DVD:https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup
8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays
-
mmmmm… sounds like the filter has gone corrupt. I’d uninstall then reinstall it. IT was 3rd party right?
Jerry
Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann
DVD:https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup
8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays