These threads come up often and everyone is pretty much right.
One thing to keep in mind is that the decklinks used to not offer 720p24 downconversion, this might have changed in recent driver updates. Is this something you might need?
You really have to weigh out exactly what you think you will need and then ask to see a demo at a VAR and try everything you need to try.
I’m not here to bash either company, but for my specific needs, AJA has been great for me and I’ve tried both. I’m sure there’s many people who are in my opposite position.
AJA also offers all of the solutions in the Multibridge Studio, just not in one box.
Check both forums and read the kinds of things people are having problems with. This should give you an idea of some things you might face when setting up a new system. Please keep in mind that these forums are mostly used by people having so please think objectively. If you need testimonials, I’m sure each prospective company has them listed proudly on their website.
Jeremy
———–
G5 Dual 2Ghz <> 4GB RAM <> FCP 5.04 <> Kona 2
ATTO 42XS <> Huge Systems 4105 Fibre
OS 10.4.2 <> QT 7.0.3