Forum Replies Created

Page 2829 of 2910
  • Jeremy Garchow

    February 9, 2006 at 3:47 am in reply to: capture problems 24p, DVCpro50, and the AJSD93 deck

    [Guidici] “It’s related to your deck configuration, not the recording method.”

    Beautious. If I have a chance to test 24pN over SDI I’ll let you know how it goes.

    Jeremy

  • Jeremy Garchow

    February 9, 2006 at 3:32 am in reply to: Timecode Window Display

    To render the timeline with the reader before exporting you should go up to the sequence menu and make sure ‘full’ is checked under render selection render all and the other option (the name is escaping me now). When you go to hit render all, everything should now render, even real time effects.

    Jeremy

  • Jeremy Garchow

    February 9, 2006 at 3:28 am in reply to: Mac Book Pro with FCP Studio

    [Jeff Carpenter] “he Intel Macs use a different disc-partitioning method.”

    That’s the first I heard of this. Do you have any further information? I’m curious. How does a processor effect disk format, isn’t this mostly governed by the OS?

    Jeremy

  • Jeremy Garchow

    February 9, 2006 at 3:10 am in reply to: codec not found (kona 2)

    [garrett shore] “aja kona 2 (1.0 beta 336 kona codec component.)”

    What is that? I have never seen that spec before.

    What did you use to defrag your drive? Did you defrag your media drive or your system drive?

    Those codecs come with FCP, not Kona.

    look in your HardDrive -> Library -> QuickTime folder do you see the uncompressed or dvcPro hd codecs?

  • So you are trying to output HD through an SD blackmagic card, correct? I believe the blackmagic sd cards do not use hardware downconversion, they use software downconversion which will cause the fuzziness. A Kona 2 DOES in fact use hardware downconversion with great results. I have not seen footage from an HVX, but I have used Varicam footage extensively in the native DVCPROHD codec and you would be happy with how the downconversion looked. The dv50 stuff, however, should look just fine with your decklink SP.

    Welcome to the world of HD, it’s a lot to learn and this forum should help you.

  • Jeremy Garchow

    February 9, 2006 at 1:24 am in reply to: codec not found (kona 2)

    Restart and repair permissions. What codec are you working in? What Kona drivers?

  • Jeremy Garchow

    February 9, 2006 at 1:22 am in reply to: IO good for Soundtrack Pro?

    The io is not core audio compliant. I think this might be why you won’t see any audio from your io. You can use your io as a d/a and then select your kona as an input. I have not tried this workflow, but I’d bet it’d work.

    Jeremy

  • Jeremy Garchow

    February 9, 2006 at 1:12 am in reply to: SDI Embedded +10db higher than it should

    Well, to each his or her own. I don’t get what you’re saying, but I’m done with this. Your FCP and Kona card are working just fine. Either master at -20 or -12 or 0 for analog, whichever way you see fit. If the guy/gal on the other end don’t get it right, then it’s not your fault. You did your job and you should expect them to do theirs. That’s what scopes and meters are for, to give everyone a visual frame of reference. As far as you being a tape op and not having to adjust levels, that’s kinda weird to me, but what do I know? It’s exactly what bars and tone are for, to calibrate your system to theirs, and I highly doubt that your system and their system are the same, so you being the tape op, adjust. When I mix my program if I want the ceiling to be -20 then I watch to make sure that nothing goes over -20. It’s really that simple. That is my job as editor to make sure it all lines up and fits into the proper specs.

    Jeremy

  • Jeremy Garchow

    February 8, 2006 at 11:30 pm in reply to: SDI Embedded +10db higher than it should

    Okay, now ya got me totally confused. You mean that if you output -12, you get -12 on the deck? Then everything is working. If you need to mix for -20, then mix for -20. My SD93 is normalled to -20 too. If ya need -20 to be the ceiling, then make sure nothing goes over -20 in the fcp bars. Simple. OPen the bars in the viewer of FCP, select the stereo A1A2 tab and set the bars to -20 instead of -12.

    You are the master of your own destiny. You are allowed to set your bars to -20 and mix your program to -20 if you want to. Why not do it?

  • Jeremy Garchow

    February 8, 2006 at 10:49 pm in reply to: SDI Embedded +10db higher than it should

    I’m not sure what the heck you guys are seeing. I don’t have a digibeta deck on hand, but I do have a DV50 deck (AJ-SD93). My output levels are dead nuts accurate through SDI embedded. I encourage you to go into your sound system preferences (again) and double check your settings. Here’s what I have:

    Sound Effects Tab-> Play alerts and sound f/x through: Line out.

    Output tab -> AJA Kona -> Make sure this is set at 67% (unity). you can see where it’s set if you hover your mouse over the blue volume slider on the bottom. This should be set to 67%.

    i output -12 bars (which is FCPs default) -12 shows up in FCP -12 shows up on the deck. If I output -20 bars, FCP meters read -20, deck meters read -20. I am running os 10.4.2, QT 7.0.3 and Kona 1.2 drivers and latest firmware (from April 2005). It should be working for you guys, unless there’s some setting in your deck that you’re missing.

    Jeremy

Page 2829 of 2910

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy