Forum Replies Created

Page 189 of 255
  • Jeff Pulera

    December 1, 2011 at 8:55 pm in reply to: Adobe CS5.5 Exports Quicktime H.24 files much to Large

    Hi Philip,

    Without knowing the length of the video, or the compression settings you used, it will be difficult for anyone to offer suggestions, please share.

    Thanks

    Jeff

  • Jeff Pulera

    December 1, 2011 at 6:50 pm in reply to: Adobe CS5.5 Exports Quicktime H.24 files much to Large

    Hi Philip,

    I don’t think 512mb is large for a broadcast-quality 720p video clip. If you want a smaller file, just lower the data rate, but expect lower quality then as well.

    Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor Computers

  • Jeff Pulera

    November 30, 2011 at 3:32 pm in reply to: Best setting in Media Encoder for DVD video

    Hi Tim,

    Maybe I’m being “old school”, but I believe the data rate “spikes” were an issue at one time, probably no longer the case with newer players, but old habits die hard.

    The point is though, there is a maximum data rate you shouldn’t exceed when encoding, roughly 8 for the video (audio is added to that).

    So, if encoding a 20 minute piece for instance, you can encode the WHOLE THING at the “best” quality – what would be the benefit of VBR, which would encode some portions at a lower rate (lower quality)? I go for consistent quality.

    The way VBR works is to ALLOCATE the bitrates to match the content of each scene as needed, higher or lower, in the end maintaining the AVERAGE bitrate you had specified. If you have a static title screen, white on black, you can get by with a very low rate, “saving” the extra bits then to jack up the quality on more complex scenes that need it. This of course is beneficial on long programs that have a low AVERAGE bitrate – you can still get a high bitrate on complex scenes that need it.

    Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor

  • Jeff Pulera

    November 30, 2011 at 2:40 pm in reply to: Camstudio Screen Capture in Adobe Premiere CS5.5

    Hi Dominic,

    What were the original screen cap settings, and what preset did you use in Premiere? I do tutorials with Camtasia and capture as 1024×768 at 15fps, then in Premiere I create a CUSTOM sequence to match. Quality remains the same when editing.

    When exporting out of Premiere, do NOT use a “video” preset – video codecs cannot maintain the quality of a computer screen grab, especially NTSC! You may need to use something like “Quicktime – Animation” codec to maintain the quality when moving to FCP, though this may produce large files, but in the end you will be compressing for distribution (I use .wmv for final delivery on PC side, and a 3.5-hour tutorial I did is only 600mb).

    Hope this helps

    Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor Computers

  • Turn off MAX BIT DEPTH. Some things are unchecked by default for a reason.

    Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor Computers

  • Jeff Pulera

    November 29, 2011 at 8:31 pm in reply to: Glitch in project

    Hi Marcia,

    Also check that there is not a tiny gap in the timeline (no video), and make sure encoder is set to “entire sequence” and not just a smaller “work area” perhaps.

    Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor Computers

  • Jeff Pulera

    November 29, 2011 at 8:23 pm in reply to: Best setting in Media Encoder for DVD video

    Hi Tim,

    For higher bitrates, I would simply use CBR rather than VBR.

    It’s a good idea to START with a preset, for instance “NTSC High Quality”, and then modify to suit your needs. Set “Quality” to “5”, and choose CBR and a suitable data rate.

    I use the formula 560/minutes=data rate, but do round down a bit, for instance 560/120=4.66, so I encode at 4.5

    For short videos, don’t exceed 7 or 8 datarate regardless of formula.

    Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor Computers

  • Jeff Pulera

    November 29, 2011 at 8:19 pm in reply to: Pillar boxing in encore?

    Hi Tom,

    I believe a couple of years ago, Adobe changed the PAR for anamorphic widescreen, so HD to SD doesn’t quite fill screen edge to edge anymore.

    What I had read was that perhaps Adobe didn’t have it quite right and the BBC called them on it, so they brought the spec in line.

    Jeff Pulera

  • Hi Mike,

    It sounds like you came from FCP, where clips all had to be transcoded when importing. The nice part of Premiere is that you don’t have to, you can work with most any format natively!

    Regarding seeing part of the clip in NTSC – you need to go into Preferences > General and mark the checkbox for “Scale to Frame Size”. Note this does NOT affect clips already importe – in that case, just right-click clip on timeline and manually set Scale to Frame from the drop down.

    I hope this resolves your issue, as I’m not totally clear on the entire problem you are having.

    Thanks

    Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor Computers

  • Jeff Pulera

    November 23, 2011 at 3:02 pm in reply to: ProRes file from Atomos

    Hi Jerry,

    On the PC, you shouldn’t have to “do” anything – as long as QuickTime is installed, ProRes is automatically supported. Please note that Premiere has had an issue with not accepting ProRes files that have 4-channel audio. This was rectified with a recent Premiere update

    Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor Computers

Page 189 of 255

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy